Friday, December 30, 2011

Tiptoe on the Runway...

It is with extreme anxiety that I step onto the runway!  I am playing along with a new challenge created by the fabulous Jennifer Rzasa.  It is called the Runway Inspired Challenge, and it's in it's second week! 

This blog has QUITE the Design Team and they are some of the best CAS card designers in the industry. This blog is modern!  It's chic!  It's everything I am not, hee!  So I watched from afar (aghast) at the first round and it looked like so much fun. So in New Year's Resolution style, I tiptoed onto the runway (in quaking stilettos).

Here is this week's awesome design inspiration by Fendi Spring 2012...


Awesome!  Here is my card:


I was inspired by the patterns and colors of the dress.  Stamped the chevron stripes from Waltzingmouse Stamps Off Beat Backgrounds in Slate and Chamomille inks.  Added yellow along the bottom to match her shoes :) 


Used Bloom Builder #3 from Papertrey Ink (layered 2 of each petal set).  It's cut from PTI's Linen Vellum, and topped with a sparkly New Leaf button to match her purse.  The sentiment is in lavender.  Heck, throwing all caution to the wind, I even cut into a brand new pack of Soft Stone cardstock that has been just sitting in my closet waiting for a challenge like this.  All the cool people are saying "Grey is the new Black," you know!

Come join in the fun yourself...you'll be so glad to get out of your comfy sweats at least once this week, right?!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Off Beat Backgrounds, You're Lovely, both Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI Soft Stone, White, and Linen Vellum
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Slate and Chamomille, VersaMagic in Purple Hydrangea
Other:  PTI Bloom Builder #3 die, New Leaf Button

24 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this gf!!

Unknown said...

You are too funny with your quaking stilettos! I love your card with it's soft chevrons. So pretty. Glad you played along, Kelly!

Barbara said...

Hi Kelly, Your card is so peaceful and creative. I too love the chevrons and the colors you chose. I enjoyed visiting your blog again and especially loved seeing your top ten cards from the year. I appreciate your crafting style...also your girls are very pretty. (I met you at a Michael's store in Rochester a few months ago.) Happy New Year to you and yours.

Robin said...

No need to tip toe... I love your card!!!! Happy New Year!!
Robin

Renee said...

What are you talking about...
tip-toeing?!
This is fabulous!! :)
Love the softness of the grey and yellow...
perfect!
Happy New Year!

~amy~ said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comment...check out your gorgeous card...love the muted colors and the chevrons...LOVE the chevrons.

Chunyuan said...

fabulous card. Love the grey and yellow color combo. Perfect take of the inspiration.

Diane Jaquay said...

Kelly, this is simply STUNNING! I love the colors and the simplicity of this beauty!!!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful card. I love your take on the inspiration photo. That flower out of vellum is just brilliant.

Tammy said...

Kelly--love your flower! I finally got my bloom builders die to work yesterday--have you ever had a problem with it?

Rachel said...

what youve done with the inspiration is gorgeous! love the stripes you made

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Denise said...

My dear, you nailed it. Can't wait to pop over and see the new challenge... but CAS terrifies me, so I think I will admire from afar. HUGS and Happy New Year!

Karen B. said...

It doesn't appear that you had any difficulties at all as this card is downright amazing! So clean and sophisticated!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL Kelly! I love that gorgeous 3D flower! Thanks for the enabling! Happy New Year!

Agnieszka said...

Beautiful card! Such a great take on the inspiration photo! Thanks for taking the time to join us for the Runway Inspired Challenge! Happy New Year!

Pauline said...

What a stunning card! This is elegance personified, a truly beautiful work of art! I love the chevron stripes, they make a wonderful pattern in these subdued tones.

Sarah said...

So glad to hear you've opened that pack of Soft Stone cardstock -- it really is a great new neutral. And it's beautiful in this card. I like the way you picked up on all of those stripes.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I just love your post (so funny with the quaking stilettos!) and your card, of course :) The chevron looks gorgeous in the 2 colors, and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Sharron said...

GORGEOUS, Kelly! You did a fantastic job with this inspiration photo--love the grey--Soft Stone is a favorite of mine so great choice there! The chevron stripes are wonderful and your flower is awesome--perfect in vellum!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and the chevrons! And your top ten in the post below are all fabulous!!! Such inspiration. :)

Susan said...

Love your card!! Those colors are great and I love the chevron with the flower. I haven't seen Soft Stone with Slate ink before, looks great! Now I need both. ;)

Susan said...

oh, you are so funny!!! stilettos, definitely an ouch, but the fashions sweet! Your card is perfect for the inspiration and I think I might just have to check this challenge out...thanks for the link.

And Happy New Year my NY friend!!!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Lady you should be strutting your stuff not tip toeing your work is sensational ! Love this beautifully stylish card and wow that flower is just amazing.

Marie

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely perfect for the challenge! Love it!