Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ginger Star Sketch!

One more sketch before a short hiatus at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog.  The Mischief Makers will be taking a break until after the new year begins.  That means that you have extra time to ponder over this fun idea from Claire:


Here is my take:


This card is inspired by one of my favorite papercrafters Anna Wight!  She is always sugar-coating the cutest primitive krafty shapes, making them look absolutely delicious!  She also used a Sizzix Primitive Star die last year that I just pined for!  This is the newest version called Stars, Primitive. There are 3 sizes on the one die. 

I got a very thin cardboard insert in a package recently.  It was a little more honey-colored than kraft cardstock and a smidge thicker, but not as thick as chipboard.  I wish I knew which package it came from because I would call the company and ask where they got it from!  As soon as I saw it, I knew I would save it for a sparkly little confection!  Covered it with Tea Dye and Brushed Corduroy Distress inks, and Martha Stewart's clear coarse glitter. 

As for my stamping, I thought the plaid banners from Bitty Banners were a fun addition, and the sentiment is from Seasons of Love-Tags!  The paper is by Jillibean Soup's "Homemade Six Bean Soup" Collection and the buttons are from A Muse Studio.

Can't wait to see if you use this sketch for a Christmas project, or save it for afterwards (hopefully to use with some of those new stamps you got from Santa???)  Upload your creation HERE by Friday, January 6thBe sure to include at least 1 Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your project to be eligible to be the randomly-selected participant who will win a WMS stamp set of choice!

13 comments:

Renee said...

I LOVE this!!
That glittery star...
the banners...
the ric rac...
and that paper!!
It's all so perfect and fun! :)

Kara said...

very pretty!!

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous! Love the sparkly star and sweet banner. And the paper is really super; is the centre of records? Love it! Great holiday card.

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Wow!!!! I really love this - all the bright colors, the sparkly star and those sweet banners - just brilliant!!! Love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Kelly! LOVE the primitive star and all the glittery goodness! The banner is adorable!

Cyndie said...

As usual, your card is the ultimate in CUTE! I love the nostalgic colors and the funky cut on the star--and your layout is just perfect!

Julia Aston said...

Love the folk star and all the fun
colors on this Kelly!

Rachel said...

those rows of buttons are so so great, they really make everything on this card pop! so fun and gorgeous!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Vickie Z said...

Paper is adorable and perfect with the banner and buttons!!! I've got to figure out a banner card!!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow what a clever take on the sketch, just love this bright and cheery card fabulous shading around the edges too !

Marie

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love that primitive star and your banner is too cute! Great job!! Happy holidays!!

Sharon Wheet said...

Kelly, I just love your card! How pretty! and yes, I'm a fan of glitter! I love how you used the star as your center piece in your banner. Very clever! LOVE IT!
have a Merry Christmas

Sharon Wheet said...

Kelly, I just love your card! How pretty! and yes, I'm a fan of glitter! I love how you used the star as your center piece in your banner. Very clever! LOVE IT!
have a Merry Christmas