Tuesday, December 6, 2011

40 on the 40


Today is my big day...I am FORTY years old! 
(That is the strangest thing to type!)

I had a very special birthday party this weekend.  I went to my very first Buffalo Bills game!


Big birthdays need big venues, hee! 

It was a balmy 52 degree-ish in Orchard Park at Ralph Wilson Stadium.  That's practically summer weather in Buffalo, not a snowflake in sight.  We still bundled up just in case...

That's me, Maureen, Becky (my niece), and Terri...

My husband Jason (with his winter beard, ack!), my nephew Scott, Buck, and my nephew-in-law Aaron!



Did I mention that the Bills lost 23-17?  It's their 5th loss in a row.  They started off the season so well, but things have taken a turn for the worst.  If you live in upstate NY, it's your duty to remain loyal...

I had high hopes :)


I saw an interview with country star Faith Hill on TV a month or so ago. 
She said she was in her 40's and fierce
If the Buffalo Bills and I start to think that way...it's going to be quite a 2012 :)!


13 comments:

Susan said...

oh, my goodness...I knew it was coming up...but it's been so long and whatyaknow...I popped in at this moment...and it's been your birthday for all of 21 minutes on the right coast!

Happy Birthday, Kelly. And welcome to the best decade of your life! Now I must be off to think just what would be the right card for such a festive occasion.

Jen Adcock said...

Happy birthday you gorgeous old bag! (Says she...an older bag). ;-) Comiserations about the game though. It looks like you had a fun time despite the outcome. Ooh...5 in a row! Ouch! I have thoroughly enjoyed your post. But how come, no matter how much I squint, that jacket's not looking very red? Hehee. Congrats to your fierce self! Hugs.

Cammie said...

Happy birthday, Kelly! My forties were a fantastic decade. Wishing you a fierce and fantastic decade!

Kelly S. said...

Jen, if you look under my coat, you'll see a navy blue fleece vest. Does that count as spirit wear? Hee...

June K said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly!!! Enjoy your very special day.

June K

Kris Chirhart said...

Hiya, Birthday Girl!!! Looks like you had a great time at the game. Hope you have a fantastic day today, and get spoiled rotten! ENJOY!!

Jeanne J. said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Birthday Kelly!!!! Looks like you had a blast - biggest party ever!! Congrats! Wishing you many more! Much Love!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

BIG CONGRATS KELLY and welcome to this side! You don't look too worried about it (-:
Enjoy your day! Hugs, Karin

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!!! And that looks like such an amazing day, I love the photos. Enjoy the year :)

Romaine said...

Happy Birthday! Strangely enough, as much as I dreaded the 4-0, it is kinda feeling like my "best" decade! :0)

JJ Bolton said...

Hauoli la hanau! (That's "Happy Birthday" in Hawaiian:) And welcome to the 40's club! I have to agree with the other ladies that 40+ is FUN!

I love your pics from the game! You all look like you're having a BLAST! Hope the rest of your birthday week continues along the same lines:)

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kelly! I spent MANY Sunday afternoons freezing my butt off at Rich Stadium! I only lived 10 miles away from there! Must be due to global warming because I remember the windchill being well below 0 and it snowing like there was no tomorrow!!! Happy you had a wonderful time! :)

maryrose said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly! And welcome to my decade! Hope your year of 40 is filled with blessings!