Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thank you, Meredith!

I received the MOST special gift in the mail yesterday from my stampy friend Crafty Math Chick, also known as Meredith!  She absolutely spoiled me for Christmas, and sent a box full of stamping goodness.  Enclosed was a sweet Gingerbread set from Martha Stewart Crafts that I had never seen before.

I got RIGHT to "work" using it for yesterday's Inspiration Challenge at SCS.  The theme was "Don Cherry's Jackets"!  He is a Canadian Sportscaster with an eye for some of the craziest fabrics and "embellishments" you have ever seen!  I fancied this jacket.  I think I might prefer it as a holiday tablecloth :)  The Pic-Pattern stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps provided the perfect plaidy strip to recreate Don's daring design!  Browse the entire slide show, he does NOT disappoint!

So thank you SO MUCH to Meredith!  She is just one of the nicest people you would ever want to "meet".  That is the craziest thing about this stamping world...though we have never met in person, I feel like I have known her for a long time!  She and her husband are moving to Pennsylvania this summer.  So my New Year's wish is that we will get to meet and stamp a flurry of cards together.  I think it would be a Crafty Good Time!!!!!

3 comments:

Crafty Math Chick said...

AWWW! Such sweet comments Kelly, THANK YOU! Glad you liked the goodies. Your card is lovely. I hope we get to stamp together too.
~Meredith

Cathy Weber said...

What a thoughtful gift from a crafty friend. I love the picnic plaid background. It does remind me of the jacket! Love the little pearl suspenders on the gingerbread man too.

Cammie said...

How fortunate to have such a generous friend. The candy strip is perfect for the sentiment and the sweet little gingerbread man. I love the plaid background for the card. Kelly, I'm sending you A Stylish Blogger Award. You can read more about here sweetvioletspaperie.blogspot.com