Sunday, April 29, 2018

Make it Monday:Spot Color Word Die Cuts

This week, Betsy Veldman had the coolest technique for Make it Monday that I had to try out! It's called Spot Color Word Die Cuts seen HERE. You stamp an image in black, die cut the word out of the center and color only the word, then place it back in the image that's left uncolored (and don't forget to keep the little die cut leftovers and put them back uncolored, too!)

I used the Friends 'til the End stamp set and Wonderful Words: Hello for my die.


I colored the "hello" die cut word with pink, yellow, and aqua Copics, then added the Friend" sentiment heat-embossed in black.


Added some translucent and jewel Nuvo Drops in a rainbow of colors! An eye-catching technique that can be done relatively quickly, SO fun!


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is pretty Kelly! I like the little dots you added!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

The colors are fantastic! I almost busted this set out. Love your inspiration ❤️

Ivana Camdzic said...

Kelly, this is such a beautiful card!! Love the nuvo dots, and the rainbow of colors!