Monday, September 15, 2014

Watercolor Balloon Sketch

Yay!  Got to play along with my favorite sketch challenge... Freshly Made Sketches!  This week's sketch is by Jennifer Brum. I ended up taking some creative liberties with the sketch.  You know how you start off with one idea, and then as you get crafting, the end result is very different from the original creation that you had developed in your mind?  That's what happened there!

Here is Jennifer's sketch...

Here is my card:



I started off with a watercolor "bokeh" background by Dawn Woleslagle from WPlus9 Blog seen here.  So inspiring!  Love the whole feel that this background gives a card...very dreamy, like you are floating :) Thus my choice to add some confetti and balloons...


I added some background stamping and a sentiment with my "Confetti" set from Mama Elephant. The balloons are from Papertrey Ink's "Birthday Style."  I die cut them from vellum paper then stamped the coordinating image using A Muse Studio and Fresh pigment inks in similar "sky" colors.  The "bow" image is from "Confetti" and I added it to the top of the sentiment.  I poked a whole for the balloon strings to go through to the back, then added a rhinestone.  This will be a fun card for one of my daughters to give at a party!

As always, thanks so much to Freshly Made Sketches for the inspiration...and to you for stopping by today!



8 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful card - love everything about it!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so beautiful! Your bokeh technique is fabulous! So glad you joined us at FMS!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Kelly! Love the soft color palette and sequins scattered about! Hope you have a great day!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Kelly! Love that background and those soft colours! The balloons are fabulous! Great sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty balloon bouquet!! Great background too Kelly!

Sharron said...

Beautiful background! Love the bokeh effect and the fun confetti! The vellum balloons look fantastic.

Marybeth said...

This is beautiful Kelly!

Renee said...

OMGosh...
I LOVE this!!!
And now I need those balloons...
so dreamy and gorgeous I just die!!
Seriously...
it's stunning!! :)