Saturday, November 17, 2012

Want to be Karin Sketch!

Amazing artist and Mischief Maker Karin Akesdotter is the creator of this week's unique sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog!  It's SO cool...


I took her sketch even further...I tried to BE Karin!


At first I was a bit stumped.  Then I thought...what would Karin do?  Hmmm...maybe kraft paired with soft hues?  A sweet little scene made with Teeny Trees?  That sounded right to me!  I also used the new Vintage Christmas Backgrounder and sentiments from Very Vintage Christmas and Seasons of Love-Tags on my card.  The snowflake medallion is cut from vellum using the Memory Box Woodrow Rosette die.


I used the stamp kiss technique and stamped the snowflakes from Nordic Winter right on to the Teeny Trees stamp before pressing it on the paper.  The mini snowflakes floating in the background are from Very Vintage Christmas.

Upload your creation with Karin's sketch HERE by next Friday, November 23.  You may use any stamps, but if you include at least one Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your project, you will be eligible to be the randomly-selected player who will win a WMS stamp set of choice!

REMINDER:  See you back here today at 1:30 PM EST for the Waltzingmouse Stamps November Blog Party!  The theme this month is Gratitude.  You will have 24 hours to link up your project to the Mr. Linky set on Claire's blog.  She will highlight some special projects on November 20, as well as announce another randomly-selected player who will win a WMS stamp set of choice.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Teeny Trees, Vintage Christmas Backgrounder, Very Vintage Christmas, Seasons of Love-Tags, and Nordic Winter, all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI Rustic Cream, Vintage Cream, and Kraft, A Muse Studio vellum
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Birch and Blue Sage, A Muse Studio in Pistachio, Memento in London Fog and Espresso Truffle, Tim Holtz Pumice Stone Distress Ink
Other:  Spellbinders Petite Ovals Large Nestabilities, White Opal Liquid Pearls, Memory Box Woodrow Rosette die, Stampendous Crystal Snow glitter

3 comments:

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Oh Kelly I'm smiling and blushing - you are way too kind. It's just amazing - you are so spot on ALL my favorites; Kraft , subtle colors, the teeny trees which I think will be my no1 fav set forever (-:, the window scene - yes EVERYTHING - so what can I do but absolutely ADORE your card - so BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for being such a super sweet and super talented (wish I could copy your beautiful style as easily!)teamie, big hugs, Karin

Jill Norwood said...

Oh this is so lovely Kelly! I just love the teeny trees with the wee bits of pearl on them...and the sweet bird and the gorgeous "JOY"! A truly lovely card! I need to get that background stamp - gorgeous!
:) Jill

Anne-Elise said...

What a beautiful card, Kelly! Love the soft colors, the sweet image, the pretty flower and the gorgeous background! Fab work! Hugs