Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Skipping Stones Design Sketch #3

I have a new sketch posted at the Skipping Stones Design Blog.  My time as the November Guest Sketch Designer is FLYING by!  Well you know what they say...time flies when you are having FUN!

Here is the sketch for this week (don't tell the other sketches, but I think this is my favorite one)!



I used the wonderful Christmas Song stamp set for my card...


As if I wasn't obsessed enough with the music print birdie and leaves from Heartsong 2, NOW I have music print Christmas trees for my collection, yay!


There they are!  Stamped the trees first and then used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder to emboss the whole piece to create a snowy wilderness kind of look.  The sentiment was cut out with a Spellbinders Ribbon Banner and placed in a Classic Scalloped Heart.

Join us next week for my last sketch of the month.  It will be featured in a very special way that you won't want to miss!  Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Christmas Song, Skipping Stones Design
Paper:  PTI Rustic Cream and Kraft, October Afternoon Holiday Style paper
Ink:  Memento Espresso Truffle, Fresh Ink in Tuscan Olive, Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink
Other:  Spellbinders "Classic Scalloped Hearts" and "Ribbon Banners" Nestabilities, D'Vine Swirls embossing folder, wooden buttons, red satin ribbon and twine


5 comments:

Katie Gehring said...

Kelly, I love this sketch and your card is fantastic! I love the homey-ness to it with the plaid heart. Thank you for another great sketch this week!

Ivanka said...

Beautiful card and great sketch. I love that label and the trees are gorgeous.

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
LOVE those trees!!
And that fabulous plaid heart...
everything about this is just perfect!! :)

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...I love what you did with those trees, so creative with the banner over the heart. So perfect!

Glenda J said...

This is really pretty Kelly! Love the gingham heart and the wooden buttons