Sunday, January 14, 2018

PTI's Make It Monday: Stencil Embossed Backgrounds


This week's Make It Monday for Papertrey Ink is by Melissa Phillips.  She challenged us to create a heat embossed background using a stencil!  SO fun!

 I needed a little color in my life, so I paired a Woodgrain Stencil background with Dawn McVey's Gran's Garden stamp set!


I clear embossed the stencil with Versamark ink on white paper.  Then used one of Melissa's other MIM techniques, I got out Gelatos, and smudged a background on PTI's Linen Cardstock using a dry paper towel.  I also embossed that piece with PTI's Woodgrain Impression plate. Love how the colors blend so softly!

Added some details on the stamped and die cut flowers with some Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents.  A few small clear sequins to help catch the shine on the background :).


The sentiment is from Beautiful Berries: Spring.  Celebrating some color and a bit of warmth in the midst of negative temperatures and 10-12 inches of the white stuff that fell pretty quickly overnight on Friday!  My poor girls are going stir crazy on this 3-day weekend, but I sure have been getting a lot of stamping time.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! :0)

Vikki H said...

This is beautiful! I love how your soften versions of the primary colors in both the gelato colored background and your die cuts compliment the tone on tone embossed background. I'll be studying this card for future ideas.

Karen said...

So lovely! And such a bright, cheery card to send in the depths of winter.

Marybeth said...

This is such a beautiful shimmery and light background , Kelly! Love the blooms!