Sunday, February 7, 2016

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenge

It's Papertrey Ink's 9th Anniversary, with lots of fun challenges posted for the next two weeks!  I decided to play along with Day #2's challenge...to choose an item of clothing online and make a card inspired by it.  With Valentine's Day coming up, I searched for hearts and found this adorable sweater from Talbot's...


Here is my card, using the Pedal Pusher stamp set...




I stamped the bike in Versamark and heat embossed it in white.  The hearts are cut with dies from Love Lives Here (the centers of the butterfly and house dies).  I love the color combination of navy, white, and Berry Sorbet (with a little silver thrown in :)!)




I used Narelle's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for inspiration.  I tweeked the sizes a little bit to fit the size of my bike :)
Hope to play along more this week!  Started a new job AND am taking a college class, so sadly, I have not had much time for stamping lately.  I hope I don't get too rusty!!  I tried to make a last minute birthday tag on Friday and the results were disastrous!

PS...that sweater MAY be on its way to my closet as we speak,  just saying :)!

6 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Definitely an adorable card (like the card better than that sweater)!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the trail of hearts Kelly, this is so cute!!

Karren said...

This is adorable! I love that sweater and I love the card you made inspired by it! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Betty Wright said...

This is super cute and fabulously done, Kelly! Great card!

Julia Aston said...

What a great card design inspired by that wonderful sweater Kelly! love the vellum strip and the flight of hearts - SO cute!! Julia xx

Susan said...

I am stopping by to say hi, Kelly and I've always enjoyed your work.
It's been a very long time, but you continue to create lovely cards.
This bike/heart card is no exception.