Friday, April 10, 2015

Tag Jeanne's It!

I got to play along and make a sample with the Tag You're It girls this week, and we were to be inspired by this GORGEOUS tag by the one-and-only....Jeanne Jachna!

Here is Jeanne's tag...



It's SO Jeanne...the mix of patterns and vibrant colors, and so many lovely details to take in from the bird clip, to the stamped feather, washi tape, stitched ruffle, and of course, the lovely die cut!

Here is my tag, inspired by all things Jeanne...


I cut some patterned papers by Crate Paper using my PTI Hexagon Coverplate, then laid the hexagon template over a tag.  The denim is washi tape from Michael's and the mini sentiment is from PTI's Tiny Tags stamp set.

The feathers are stamped and cut using Waltzingmouse Stamps "Fine Feathers" set and dies.  The gold feather is stamped on cardstock with Delicata gold ink and then I added black dots with a pen.  The blue feather is stamped on vellum with blue ink and heat embossed.

You can't have a Jeanne card without a flower!  I made this one using the watercolor "smoosh" technique to color the cardstock with Distress inks in Rusty Hinge, Barn Door, and Stormy Sky. ( It's still a bit wet here, hee!)


The flower is actually three different die cuts, but once the paper was wet, I "split" apart some of the cardstock into layers.   I also spritzed the feathers, flower and tag with some Gold Glimmer Mist...


I had SUCH a great time playing along and was so lucky to have Jeanne's tag to look at...her creativity always inspires!  I am sure you will enjoy playing along this week and thanks for stopping by :)!

5 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Well you certainly did me proud Kelly! I LOVE THIS! The blue and orange are yummy and that close up with the glitter and crisp die cuts? SWOON! Thanks for the smile and I love your gorgeous tag!!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on Jeanne's tag--love the feathers and that beautiful bloom! So happy to have you join us this week!

Kara Lynne said...

Your tag is so gorgeous!! I am amazed by your flower, and the hexagon with those beautiful papers is wonderful! The denim washi and feathers just complete the look perfectly!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so GORGEOUS!!

Marybeth said...

Kelly this is gorgeous! I remember a beautiful Christmas tag that you made once with a tag background like this. You are so right Jeanne and flowers just go together!