Sunday, August 4, 2013

Challenge Chicks for August


It's time for another round of Challenge Chicks!  Sadly I missed Christmas in July last month, but I am back to celebrate FLOWERS this month with Diane!

I chose a Camellia by Waltzingmouse Stamps...



I colored it with Copic makers and paired it with some "5th & Frolic" paper from American Crafts.


I also cut 3 separate Camellias and layered them up with dimensionals.  I thought the paper in the background reminded me of mini ones!

I also used this week's sketch (turned on its side) from Freshly Made Sketches.  It was created by Jennifer Timko.

We would love for you to create a floral project with us this month!  Just upload your creation to Splitcoaststampers using the keyword "CHXAUG13" or post it on your blog and link it to our Facebook page HERE!

For more projects visit these chicks today...


Supplies:
Stamps:  Camellia, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  American Crafts "5th & Frolic", Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream
Ink:  Memento Espresso Truffle, Copic markers
Other:  Recollections gems



5 comments:

Jen Timko said...

How lovely! That flower is really wonderful! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful! I love how you colored and layered the flower and how you flipped the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cathy Weber said...

Very pretty card...you always do such a great job with that camellia image Kelly. Looking forward to the new WM release...can't wait to see what you have done!

Amy O said...

Very pretty! Your flower is beautiful, and I love the mix of polka dots and florals. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
That camellia is perfect with that paper...
love it! :)