Sunday, May 26, 2013

Birthday Bike

I just received Papertrey Ink's new "Pedal Pusher" set and had to try it out on a birthday card for one of Claire's friends!


I used patterned paper from a new Crate Paper collection called "The Pier" to set my color scheme.  It's so fun and summery.


And another new favorite inspired by so many cards that I have seen...enamel dots.  They are the newest items for me to collect (kind of like patterned paper, rhinestones, and buttons) and I hoard them like crazy!  It was fun to use a grand total of 6 on this card.  Reminded me of birthday confetti :)

I see more Pedal Pusher cards in  my future...like later today, I hope!  I have one riding around in my mind for a fave sketch challenge ;).

Supplies:
Stamps:  Pedal Pusher, Birthday Style (bow), and Vintage Picnic (sentiment)
Paper:  PTI white and Harvest Gold, Crate Paper "The Pier" Collection
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Tomato Red, Turquoise, Birch, and Basil, & Memento Espresso Truffle
Other:  PTI Birthday Style bow die, Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities, various enamel dots 

4 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I have been looking forward to seing how some of my favorite designers use the new pedal pusher set...so glad you got it Kelly! Such a cute card, so sweet with the little puppy in the basket and I am also loving those enamel dots...they kind of look like paint splotches with a poof!

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME!!! Hope all is well....

Marybeth said...

Love this one too Kelly! I was going to order only that set then told myself no….. now I am so made I listened to me! Adorable card!

Jill Norwood said...

Sweet card! I love the puppy! I just got this set too!