Saturday, August 27, 2011

How Many Sleeps Sketch

Today's sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog is a reeeeealllly fun one by fabulous DT member, Anya Schrier!  It's for a TAG, yippee!

I find that I am never ready when it comes time to wrapping gifts at Christmas.  I always have cards ready to go, but not enough cute tags to attach to my gifts.  This sketch was the perfect thing to get me going, and I can see myself using it many more times in the months to come!  I always have plain old kraft or red bags around the house, and this little tag will fit perfectly with one of them at Christmas time!


I immediately thought of my Half-Baked Gingerbread Joy stamp set!  I stamped a manilla tag with the larger pattern from Gingham & Co. in Sage Fresh Ink available at Impress Rubber Stamps.  I created some presents using the checkerboard pattern from Off Beat Backgrounds and tied them with string :)


The gingerbread men were stamped with Fresh Ink in Honey on Vintage Cream cardstock, and touched up the edges with some Tea Dye Distress ink.  The texture is very "cookie-like" I think!  Added some white Liquid Applique icing that I puffed up with my embossing gun!  That sentiment?  It's also from Half-Baked Gingerbread Joy, and is probably one of the cutest ones that I have ever seen!

Tag now YOU'RE it!  Post your tag creation HERE by next Friday.  Be sure to use at least one Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your creation to be eligible to be the randomly-selected participant to win a WMS stamp set of choice!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Half-Baked Gingerbread Joy, Gingham & Co., and Off Beat Backgrounds, all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  manilla tag, PTI Vintage Cream cardstock
Ink:  Fresh Inks by Impress Rubber Stamps in "Honey" and "Sage", Tim Holtz Distress inks in "Fired Brick" and "Tea Dye", Stazon Timber Brown
Other:  Martha Stewart Baker's Twine, white Liquid Applique, dimensionals

10 comments:

Karen M said...

Wow! This is absolutely fabulous, Kelly. Really adorable. Your gingham background really makes it look like a table cloth - super job!

Renee said...

I LOVE it!!
The colors...
the patterns...
those yummy gingerbread boys!!!
And I agree...
that sentiment is too, too adorable!!
Fabby tag...
and perfect for kraft bags...
which I love!
Can't wait to get started on this fabby sketch!
And thank you for Top Mouse...
I'm so excited!!

Cathy Weber said...

I really loved your tag today Kelly, such a cute idea with the gingerbread men. I love how you puffed up that icing, I think I better find me some of that, I can see it on the branches in Festive Foliage too. Great idea, I have my thinking cap on today!

Rachel said...

I cannot believe those little gingerbread men are STAMPS I for sure thought you put together a complicated die cut. Oh my goodness they look edible, love it!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Crafty Math Chick said...

This is BEYOND adorable Kelly! You KNOW my fascination with gingerbreadmen! LOVE it! Are you playing in VSN weekend too?

Hugs,
Meredith

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is so very adorable, Kelly. Such great patterns and your shading on those gingerbread boys makes them so realistic that I want to take a bite! Amazing creativity!

Vickie Z said...

These are absolutely sweet!! Love all the gingham and those gingerbread men are adorable!! Fabulous tag!!

Pauline said...

Such a gorgeous sweet tag Kelly, I didn't realise what a fab sentiment was in that stamp set - I have the gingerbread joy set, so now, I may just have to add this one to my wish list lol! Love the gingham background and the sweet little presents wrapped in ribbon, super cute!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

This is adorable, I also think "oh I should make tags" and never do...

Deborah Frings said...

Wonderful tag - the little gingerbread guys are sooo cute!! Lvoe the sentiment too!