Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rosy Sketch

Claire Brennan has drawn up a lovely sketch for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog this week, and it includes embossing!  Here is Sketch #44:
 I decided to do some heat embossing on my sample:


I inked up the lace panel from Faux Fun in Versamark ink, stamped it on glossy paper, and then heat embossed it with white powder.  Stamped the rose from Roses in Bloom multiple times, sponged the pieces with ink, and then paper-pieced the rose back together using dimensionals for the layers.  Sentiment is also from Roses in Bloom.

Here is a close up of the lacy piece!  I love this image, it looks so authentic!!


Now it's your turn to play along.  Link your creation HERE in the specified time frame.  A player will be chosen randomly to win a free Waltzingmouse Stamp set of choice!  Remember the new requirement to include at least one Waltzingmouse Stamps image in your creation. 

Can't wait to see what you create with this one, there will be so many fun variations!

Supplies: 
Stamps:  lace pattern from Faux Fun; rose, leaves, sentiment from Roses in Bloom, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  "Ocean" glossy cardstock, A Muse Studio, and white cardstock, Papertrey Ink
Ink:  Stazon Black, Tim Holtz Distress inks, Versamark ink
Other:  Tiny Tags die, Papertrey Ink, Ocean satin ribbon and white embossing powder, A Muse Studio, Diamond Stickles, dimensionals, sponge daubers, aqua embroidery floss

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowsers - I totally love your card Kelly!! That embossed lacy background is swoon-worthy ;)
And your rose colouring is spot on too! I can't wait to lay my crafty paws on those PTI Tiny Tags. Too cute!
Hugs, Ruth S

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is stunning Kelly. Not only is this done in my most favorite color, but your embossing is divine...and you couldn't have chosen a better image to showcase the intricacy of the design. Well done!

Karen B. said...

Your card stood out and popped off the page over at the WMS sketch site! I gasped out loud I think. This is one stunning creation. I think it is one of the most beautiful cards I've seen with this set and I'm in awe.

Beate said...

SHUT the front door, Kelly! I thought this was patterned paper until I scrolled down and saw your second image. GORGEOUS background and beautiful flower!
Hugs and smiles

Beate said...

Oops....forgot to wish you a Happy Easter!
Hugs and smiles

Julia Aston said...

The white fripperie bg stamping is just lovely on this Kelly! and your bright flower looks gorgeous against it!

Carly said...

WOW! Kelly this is gorgeous!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This is so Beautiful! I love the lace background. It looks so real! Lovely rose to accent this too. Happy Easter to you.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Kelly! Love that beautiful blossom and the lacy stamped BG looks AMAZING!

Crafty Math Chick said...

That embosses lace looks AWESOME Kelly - terrific card!

Rachel said...

The way you stamped that rose is GORGEOUS! Did you really just stamp it a lot and not use any markers?! It's fantastic

-rwk
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, gosh, Kelly! This lace looks soooo gorgeous this way! Love the details! And on the blue paper it's so pretty! What a wonderful card you created here!
Hugs, Wendy

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is sooo pretty, Kelly! Your embossing is picture perfect and I love how the white pops off of that shimmery blue! Great job!

Clare said...

This is just stunning, the lace background, the colors and fab flower! Really gorgeous!!

Ann said...

Wow that lace stamp embossed is absolutely GORGEOUS! Fabulous card.

Joyce across the Pond said...

WHAT a card!! I simply love the lacey stamp everytime I use it or see it...as you say it is just so real looking...your colours are wonderful.

Nancy Jensen said...

Your card is just gorgeous! The heat embossing is beautiful and your coloring on the flower is AMAZING!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wow, Kelly, this is awesome! That lace looks so real, and I've already decided I want the Roses in Bloom set. Yours is just gorgeous. Beautiful card for the sketch challenge.

Niki Estes said...

Kelly, this is just beautiful!! I love your layered flower and the embossed background!

Manue said...

I love your card! colours and the lace panel are fabulous!

Joan B said...

beautiful job. the rose reminds me of the card that you sent to my mom. it is still her fave!