Sunday, May 23, 2010

Argyle Experimentation!

Doesn't that sound scientific?! 

Jason and I had our "anniversary" date yesterday which consisted of eating lunch out, buying a few plants for the garden, and going to the grocery store (all with no kids which made it very vacation-like, hee!).  After we watched the first episode of Lost again (and Jason fell asleep on the couch), I experimented with PTI's A Little Argyle stamp set using different color schemes.  On the PTI forum,  a member challenged us to take out our argyle stamps and practice, as we were all a little intimidated by the gorgeous samples that Lisa Johnson (who created the stamp set) and the whole PTI team made.  I seem to have the easiest time using the big argyle pattern included in the set.

Today, before we picked up the girls, I finished the two cards based on the argyle "swatches" I made...and here they are:


Inks:  Tim Holtz Barn Door, Black Soot, and Antique Linen Distress inks
Stamps:  PTI's A Little Argyle, Fruitful, oval shadow from Warm Happiness, sentiment from Vintage Picnic

Inks:  PTI Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse (though this was before adding re-inker and more smooshing the ink around with a spoon...it looks very sage before adding more ink?)
Stamps:  A Little Argyle, Everyday Button Bits (balloon and sentiment) and new cloud dies!

You, too, can have fun during Argyle Experimentation!  If you have samples on your blog, be sure to link them up in the comments...and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

I love the patterns you came up with using Argyle!! Your balloon card argyle is perfect and those cloud dies are awesome!

Here are samples where I have used Argyle!

http://stamp-n-paradise.blogspot.com/2010/04/baby-on-board.html

http://stamp-n-paradise.blogspot.com/2010/05/happy-birthday.html

http://stamp-n-paradise.blogspot.com/2010/04/can-you-say-argyle.html

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wow! I love both your cards made with this new PTI stamp set. The added touch of the argyle to the apple is perfect on your first card! You did an excellent job of getting it all lined up and mixing the different shapes.

Jill said...

Kelly, the argyle on the apple makes the first card! (That Barn Door is awesome--I need to break my out.) The argyle on card #2 is some of my favorite I've seen with this set. It's shaded and everything! Looks great!

Debbie Gaydos said...

These are both soooo cute! Everytime I see a project with the argyle set, it gets a little bit closer to jumping in my cart! ;)

Laurie said...

Both cards are so fun! I love the colors of each!

Erica said...

I like what you did with the argyle. The hot air balloon card is fantastic!

BethieJ said...

Both of the cards are WONDERFUL! LOVE the argyle!! and I gotta say I LOVE going to the grocery store kid free... who would have thought it would be the highlight of a week! HA!
Have a GREAT day!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are both terrific! You did a great job with the argyle, love the colors on both too!

Barbara said...

Adorable, Kelly! I'm lovin' your color combos!