Saturday, February 4, 2012

With Love Sketch

I just love this sketch by Jen Cuthbertson for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog!  It is so perfect for Valentine's Day...or any day that calls for a little love :)


...and how I LOVE Sewing Box-Hugs!


I made my circle bases by tracing old can lids!  Stamped the heart from Sewing Box-Hugs on two different papers from the October Afternoon Holiday Style Collection.  The teeny sentiment is from Seasons of Love-Tags.  Some delicious new kraft twill (more love!) from Papertrey Ink to top it off.  A CAS card that sorta-kinda could be masculine-ish.  I am terrible at those, so this is about as masculine as one of my cards gets!

Show the sketch challenge some love!  Upload your creation HERE by next Friday, February 10th.  Be sure to include at least one Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your project to be eligible to be the randomly-selected participant who will win a stamp set of choice!

ALSO...I LOVE that Waltzingmouse Stamps will be releasing NINE new stamp sets this month on February 29th!  Sneak peeks set to begin on Sunday, February 26th, yippee!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Sewing Box Hugs, Seasons of Love-Tags, both Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI Vintage Cream, October Afternoon's Holiday Style patterned papers
Ink:  Stazon Black, Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink
Other:  mini brads, PTI kraft twill ribbon, wooden button from Michael's, red embroidery floss, dimensionals

16 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the colours here and the super plaid background. The layered heart has a real folk art feel. Love it!

Kara said...

Very pretty. Love the papers and everything is placed so perfectly!

Renee said...

That paper...
favorite new paper...
and love that it may be in a Holiday pack but yet is so versatile for year round use!!
And you used it fabulously...
love those hearts...
and that sentiment is just perfect with this one!
Gorgeous!!
And so excited for the 26th...I'm dancing!! :)

mab822 said...

Very nice! The layout and elements are perfect.

Jeanne J. said...

Wow Kelly! This one is simply perfection! You have a lot going on but it looks so clean and proportioned! This one is a real winner! Everything about it is like it was meant to be.

Jen Adcock said...

Gasp! This is crazy fab. You know I loves me some plaid and this OA touch of it is swell. I love your thrifty use of the cans. Talk about perfect. I don't have this set of homespun heaven. Dare I say it is now on the wishlist from hell. ;-). As inspiring as always!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty card Kelly! Has such a warm and cozy country vibe! That plaid background is amazing!

Cathy Weber said...

How pretty this is Kelly, love the bow wrapped around it and the paper pieced hearts, Holiday Style is a great choice of patterned papers for this one too. I like how you did the sentiment runniing up and down. Very smart!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Kelly, simply stunning!

Tenia Nelson said...

So super cuteness!!!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Your card is soooo pretty, Kelly!! Love those hearts and the colors you chose for the card! Gives you a warm and cosy feeling instantly! Very nice!!
Hugs, Wendy

Karen M said...

Kelly, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love your card's simplicity and the faux stitched hearts make it look so sweet. Very inspiring Kx

JJ Bolton said...

Love it! Mad for that plaid, lol! And you've done so many wonderful things with that stamp set:)

And I'm so happy to hear about the new WMS coming!!! I can't wait!!!

Denise said...

When you use the Sewing Box set it always goes to the top of my wish list. Love it! I can't wait for this month's release and lots of shopping!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Gingham! Fabulous... shaped cards are not my forte, but loved what you've done.

Vickie Z said...

Love the paper and those hearts are wonderful!!!