Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rosie Right

Amber Daigre is hosting a really fun little blog hop this week for her one year blog anniversary.  She's been  looking back at her previous posts and re-doing some cards...those "What was I thinking?" type cards!  I actually chose a recent card that was leaving me "unsettled".  I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like it.  I kept staring at it wondering what was wrong?


Call the doctor!  For it was Dr. Amber that diagnosed this card.  She had made a background with Rosie Posie and pronounced it "flat" until she added shading with colored pencils.  YES!  That's it!  This is too flat!  Also, I was going for Maile's monochromatic background seen HERE, and I don't think I stamped my images close enough to each other.

So armed with Amber's advice, and the colors from the CR84FN Challenge , I made a new card.


(Note:  Excuse the poor picture.  There is no natural light to be found here right about now!)


I stamped the roses using Memento Angel Pink ink and then shaded them with Copics.  The leaves were inked with PTI's Ocean Tides ink but stamped off the paper once to get a lighter image.  Same goes for the little dots, stamped off using Ocean Tides and Pure Poppy ink.  I've been seeing denim patterned papers lately, so I dug out my retired SU Denim Background and stamped some Ocean Tides Denim of my own!

While I am still not totally thrilled with my coloring, I think I may be on the right track!  Rosie Posie is such a beautiful set, that I can't give up yet!  Thanks so much to Amber for hosting this fun event!
P.S.:  Congratulations on your one year anniversary (Seriously...only 1 year?  Oh the places you have gone, Amber :)!

Edited to add:  STILL fixing it, hee!  Slid bow over to right hand side, didn't like it in the center.  ALSO forgot to say that I was inspired by the awesome coloring of Rosie Posie by both Amber AND Suzanne Russell!  Suzanne's stunning card is seen HERE!!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rosie Posie, Tiny Tags both Papertrey Ink, and retired Denim Background, Stampin Up
Paper:  PTI white
Ink:  Memento Angel Pink, PTI Ocean Tides and Pure Poppy, and Copic markers
Other:  white satin ribbon, Tiny Tags die, pink embroidery floss

11 comments:

Pauline said...

This is incredibly beautiful Kelly, I love this soft floral patter, and the delicate shading, looks great with the denim coloured paper too. Gorgeous! And I need that stamp set even more!

Jeanne J. said...

Wow Kelly - Night and Day! The two cards look so different. I still like the bright red of the first one, but you are right the shading gives lots and lots of depth! What a neat challenge!

Sabrina said...

Kelly, love the stamping & copic technique you used. It makes the flowers look softer. Beautiful card and a great do-over! :)

Sue Lelli said...

Walk away from the card and quit futzing with it! LOL! It is so PRETTY just the way it is (although we didn't see the bow slid to the side!) LOVE your coloring! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

igła i nitka said...

These roses look so great! I like very much the delicacy of this card. Really nice project:)

Steph Zerbe said...

OMG, this re-do is stunning. Just stunning. I have to try this technique next. Thanks for sharing!

Deborah Frings said...

I think you've nailed it - these roses really are lovely. I do like the subtle shading. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Lisa Elton said...

SO SO soft and pretty! Love your sweet little bow and tiny tag!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Kelly! You stamped patterned paper looks amazing and love the sweet little tag! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Marybeth said...

This is so pretty, love the bow! Love the light shading and this set, that I DID not get. ( smack myself) Beautiful!

Karen M said...

Wow! This is stunning Kelly. Those flowers are fabulous and I love the touch of denim. Super! Kx