Saturday, February 18, 2012

Easter Egg Sketch

Another lovely from Jen Cuthbertson for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog!  


Oh yes, after yesterday's wonderful Blog Party, spring stayed on my mind!  Since Spring Baskets was sitting out on my table, I jumped at the chance to use it again!


Turned the sketch so that I could make those circles into Easter eggs!  I used patterned paper from October Afternoon's "Sidewalks" collection to paper-piece the eggs and make my little scene.  I masked off the sentiment so that I could extend it across the top.  ((Secret:  I got a little ink splotch by the word "hunt", so I stamped over it with a bee!))  Also made some grass and a rick rack border using A Muse Studio dies.

Upload your creation with this sketch HERE by next Friday, February 24th.  Be sure to include at least one Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your project to be eligible to be the randomly-selected player who will win a WMS stamp set of choice.

DON'T FORGET....sneak peeks of this month's release are beginning on Claire's blog TODAY!  You may have seen the first one in the monthly newsletter, so you know you won't want to miss out on the second one!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Spring Baskets, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI Vintage Cream, October Afternoon "Sidewalks" Collection
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  A Muse Studio's grass and rick rack dies, Stickles, Divine Twine in yellow, dimensionals

16 comments:

Bumblebee said...

This card is so cute Kelly! Love the little bee at the top ;)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Well, this has to be one of the cutest springtime cards I've seen. Such a great scene and I'm loving all the patterned papers. Tremendous creativity, Kelly. I love it!

Anne said...

Totally gorgeous! Love that DP and the eggs too
Anne
xxx

Karen M said...

Awww, just look at this! This is such a cute card! Love it Kx

Cathy Weber said...

What cute paper pieced eggs Kelly, love the cheerfulness and happy feel to this card. You always make such cheerful and happy cards, always makes me smile when I look at them.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!!

Renee said...

So adorable I can't stand it...
LOVE those eggs!!
Such a fun card...
and such a fun take on the challenge too!! :)
Loved reading about you in the newsletter...
and absolutely can't wait till the 26th!! ;)

Pauline said...

This is so sweet Kelly, I love the paper pieced sweet eggs nestled amongst the grasses! Love it!

Robin said...

Love this card Kelly!! Such fun colours and mix of patterns!!!
Robin

Christina said...

How sweet! I love the mix of patterns you used, especially to "decorate" the eggs. This really makes me wish for Spring!

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the alphabet letters and sweet paper pieced eggs! It's fab!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable grass, eggs, sentiment, and bee (LOL)!! Have to go look at the peeks and start pinching pennies!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is so sweet Kelly! Can't wait to see what you've created with the new sets!!
Hugs, Karin

Kary said...

This is SO very cute, Kelly!! LOVE the gorgeous colours and the eggs. It's a lovely Easter card!! {hugs}

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I missed this one last week, love the different papers for the eggs, too precious.

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Kelly! Love the wee little Easter eggs!