Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Color Me Melissa!

Another fun contest for the Papertrey Ink 5th Anniversary festivities!  Today's challenge was to choose one of the DT member's favorite color schemes.  I chose a fun one by Melissa Phillips...I would never think to put these together (that's why SHE is the expert!)


Simply Chartreuse, Autumn Rose, Hibiscus Burst, and Raspberry Fizz!


Here is my card:


I used the newer sets Rosie Posie and Script Sentiments combined with an older set, Background Basics: Botanicals.  Stamped the rose image in white on Autumn Rose cardstock then covered it with Martha Stewart's clear coarse glitter. The background was made with a combination of inks that I had on hand.  Melissa's sample flowed together seamlessly (how does she always do that???), but when I tried it...a healthy dose of Vintage Cream was in order!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rosie Posie, Script Sentiments, and Background Basics:  Botanicals, all Papertrey Ink
Paper:  Vintage Cream and Autumn Rose, Papertrey Ink
Ink:  PTI Fresh Snow, Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaColor Opera Pink, A Muse Studio Bubblegum, Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen Distress inks, and Fresh Ink Tuscan Olive
Other:  antique white ribbon, circle nestie, Martha Stewart clear coarse glitter, paper piercer, dimensionals









9 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

This is lovely, Kelly! I love the way you combined a number of different sets and how pretty it all turned out. I was tempted to try that colour combo too, but alas, I didn't have the right colours of ink.

Kara said...

This is really pretty!! Great colors! Love the design stamped inside the hexagons. I need to pull out my set and experiment !!

Jen Adcock said...

Love. Your use of BB: Botanicals inside the hexagons is just fab! The fact that you were even able to line it up is just awe inspiring to me, because I cannot, for the life of me, get a good run on with that darn strip. I also find the Script Sentiment inside the circle so lovely as well. I don't think Melissa is the only one to corner the market on getting things to flow seamlessly my friend, you, most certainly, are in the groove.

Jessica Wekenman said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love the glitter on the Rosie, and the images you stamped in the hexagons! Very soft and pretty!

LaurieJ said...

Oh my goodness, your card is absolutely lovely, Kelly! You've combined all of the elements beautifully and the sparkle on the rose is perfect.

Julia Aston said...

Pretty, pretty Kelly! love the colors and your nicely cut out flower!

JJ Bolton said...

How pretty is that glitter!! Love the way you stamped the hexagon background too! Hope you have a great weekend Kelly!

Sharron said...

This is so amazing, Kelly! The pattern at the bottom is fabulous--love how you used the image from BB-Botanicals inside the hexagons! You really worked magic with that color combo and your rose is stunning with the added glitter!

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE this flower with the chunky glitter and the stamping you did! GORGEOUS card!