Sunday, February 5, 2012

Decidedly Danielle

Papertrey Ink has started their 5th Anniversary celebration, and there is a huge prize up for grabs today!  To enter to win, the challenge was to case one of the DT member's projects using some of their favorite products.

I chose the project by Danielle Flanders as my inspiration as I love her style!  Always fun little surprises here and there...a touch of lace or felt, a die cut, and always beautiful patterned papers.  She seems to have a way of creating freely and places elements in unique ways.  Her cards never look the same, as she always uses a variety of products and  interesting layouts.  Her blog "Homespun with Heart" is perfectly named!

She made sweet invitations with glassine bags, some butterfly die cuts, and PTI's Blooming Button Bits set.  Here is my take:


I used patterned papers from Jilly Bean Soup's Homemade Six Bean Soup Collection, and cut a window using the Mat Stack 1 die.  Stamped the stems from Blooming Button Bits and added a Buttoned Up #2 die cut in gingham, a rolled rose in Pure Poppy felt, and a Lemon Tart button.  The butterfly is from the Love Lives Here die collection.  It is stamped with the coordinating image, edged with a bit of glitter, and backed with Pure Poppy felt so the little heart shows through.  Added some lace and a big loopy twine bow, as I see lots of those on her projects!  Topped it off with my favorite PTI sentiment of all time, "Wishing you Sunshine" from Blooming Button Bits!

Thanks to Danielle and ALL of the PTI designers who share so much heart with all of us each week.  It's going to be an exciting 2 weeks, can't wait to see what's coming next!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Blooming Button Bits, Love Lives Here, both Papertrey Ink
Paper:  Lemon Tart cardstock, Jilly Bean Soup Homemade Six Bean Soup patterned papers, A Muse Studio gingham paper
Ink:  PTI's Pure Poppy ink and Fresh Ink in Tuscan Olive
Other:  PTI's Mat Stack 1 die, Buttoned Up #2 die, Lemon Tart button, and Pure Poppy felt; also Divine Twine, My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Rose die, Martha Stewart clear coarse glitter, clear embossing powder from A Muse Studio

11 comments:

Kristii said...

What a pretty card!! I love the colors and the sweet little flowers totally make me smile!

Cathy Weber said...

This is a great entry for PTI's super great give away Kelly. I love those soft yellows, the butterflies and the diecut window using the Mat Stack 1. I love Danielle's stuff too, she always has such surprising little elements to all of her projects.

Robin said...

Gorgeous card Kelly!!

Andrea said...

Love your take on Danielle's glassine project. Your colors and flowers are so sweet :) I chose that one too. It's funny to see how the same inspiration piece can turn out so differently from two different people.

Jeanne J. said...

Such a pretty spring card! I love the yellow and the pretty flowers!

Unknown said...

Can I just say that I've totally fallen in love with Danielle's style as well. I've been loving your stuff lately, so I guess I should start calling myself preppy gingham boy, because I'm falling love with your style as well!

JJ Bolton said...

How sweet is that? Loving the lace trim! And what a great idea to turn the die on it's side. I'm definitely filing that idea;)

Karen M said...

This is simply gorgeous, Kelly! So sweet and spring like. Love it lots Kx

Beate said...

Kelly, your card is beautiful. I love the frame you cut, the darling flowers and lace.
Hugs and smiles

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Kkelly, really springy and light! Love th rolled rose, and the button flowers, so sweet!

Steph Zerbe said...

So soft and lovely! Love the colors. I was browsing through your posts.... so many pretty cards. I can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing!