Monday, February 6, 2012

Fun with Doilies!

I recently saw an advertisement in Real Simple Magazine for some stationery by expressionery.com, and I was inspired by the colorful medallion patterns.  I decided to take out my Dainty Doilies 2-Small set from Waltzingmouse Stamps and try my hand at the same look!


It was really fun to play around layering different images and coloring with my Copic markers to see what I could create. The doilies are stamped with Memento London Fog ink, and then colored with some blue, green, and red Copics.


I am obsessed now (after Amber's blog hop),  fearing that things look too "flat" on my cards!  I added some pizzazz to my sentiment from Say It Loud.  It was stamped in gray, so I decided to trace it with my Sakura Stardust glitter pen...much better!

My photography is not doing the real thing justice!  Such drab days here lately, so glad I have my stamps, markers, and a bit of glitter to sparkle up my days :)

Supplies:
Stamps:  Dainty Doilies 2-Small, Say It Loud, both Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI White and Aqua Mist
Ink:  Memento London Fog, Fresh Ink in Red Currant, Copic markers, Sakura Stardust glitter pen
Other:  clear rhinestones

9 comments:

JJ Bolton said...

Ooooooh, pretty! You know how I love me some doilies, lol!

BTW, I never think your cards are "flat"!

Have a great week Kelly!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
Love the "Spring" colors...
just makes you feel better on a drab day!
And you're coloring is awesome...
love that glittery effect on the sentiment...
just that right "something"! :)

Denise said...

This is smart and gives a really different look to the doilies. Beautiful wok, Kelly!

Rachel said...

this. is. stunning.
i just love it! absolutely beautiful... and 'flat' is definitely not a word i would associate with your cards!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kelly, the stamping in grey gives such a soft delicate feel to these gorgeous doily images! Beautiful colouring too!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fun colors, and a bit of embossing really makes the celebrate stand out.

Vickie Z said...

Love all the colors.. Was that traced....just askin'... so clear that I was thinking traced..clear embossed etc... Gorgeous!!!

Julia Aston said...

Love your colorful doilies Kelly - so bright and fun! and the glitter pen really brightens up that sentiment!

Unknown said...

OH!!! OH!!! OH!!!! jumping p and down and squealing!! this is fabby!!!! love it!! don't mind if I pin it right???