Sunday, March 6, 2011

You win some, you lose some...

I just got an email on Friday that my FIRST ever card will be published in Paper Crafts Magazine!  Actually, it's my first ever published card EVER!  I did submit 3 for their special "Go To Sketches" call.  Amber is having a great blog hop showcasing cards from your "reject" pile.  I loved this one when I made it, but sadly it ended up with a different fate than my published one.  Into the closet it goes, but not before I share it here first:

 For Sketch #31:
Here is my Snorkel Dude card:


That little snorkel dude and the cool sentiment are from A Muse.  The beautiful blue Bermuda and Ocean cardstock is from their new A Muse Studio line.  I was lucky to be asked in the fall by none other than Julie Ebersole and Heather Meeson to help out with products from their new A Muse Studio line, which was great fun!  I finally can use some of the huge pile of loot that they graciously sent, it's been hard keeping all of that cute stuff tucked away!

15 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is unique and adorable! Congratulations on your first card being picked for publication!

Cathy Weber said...

This is a really great take on the sketch. Those circles always did remind me of bubbles. This is colorful and creative. Would have been a great one for the magazine. Congrats on the other card though. Can't wait to see it.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super duper cute card and congrats on getting published!!!

Jen Adcock said...

Oh my! This is too cute. I can't get over those bubble and wee snorkle dude.

Well done for getting published! May this be the drought breaker that has you taken up time and time again. I am so pleased for you. Hats off to you Crafty One. You do, indeed, rock! ...and don't you ever forget it.

Jen Carter said...

Kelly!! Congratulations to you!! I can't wait to see your card!! This one is so cute and creative too!!

itsallrosi said...

this is super cute! congrats on the pub!

Kara said...

i think this is so adorable!!

Glenda J said...

So cute! Great work and congrats on the publication!

B said...

Super cute! And big big big congrats on the pub! Cannot wait to see the issue in person!

Susan said...

Congratulations!! I love that card, super cute.

Joan B said...

well, I think it is adorable. and go you on the publishing! and the a muse studio! that is quite a string of honors and well deserved!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Congrats on getting published Kelly! I really like this one too, I would have published it!
~Meredith

Joyce across the Pond said...

What stunning colours they are too....a great interpretation of the sketch....and many congratulations on being published....the first of many I would firmly say. Well done.

Carly said...

Big congrats and so well deserved!! I can't wait to see your card! This little snorkelling card is too cute!

Ann said...

Such a cute card - a really original take on the sketch.