Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tulips and Textures

For last week's Clean and Simple Challenge at Splitcoaststampers...this sketch by Lisa Lara.  I sure ended up using lots of "stuff" on it, but I meant for it to look simple!


I used lots of textures on this card, including the new Vineyard Impression plate by Papertrey Ink, a small polka-dotted plate from A Muse Studio, and textured paper called Natural Weave by The Paper Company.  You can also see a Penny Black script stamp behind the basket, which was stamped in Antique Linen ink. Used PTI's Vintage Picnic, and colored the tulips with watercolor markers and a waterbrush.  SO in love with the new Tiny Tags set from Melissa Phillips!  My sentiment issues of the past (of stamping the sentiment on the card last and ruining it) may be behind me now!
I see some leaves poking out of our front garden...could the real thing be just around the corner?!

9 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

This is such a cute card Kelly. I love the subtle elements on it, the script in the background behind the basket, all the texture and the distressing you did all around the whole card. It looks so much like Spring and Easter to me. I think those little tags will be a big help to all of us. I find I use a little tag for my sentiment quite often, hard to mess up on those, right?

Ann said...

Love all that texture and the CAS style - that picnic basket is one of my fav sets. And isn't the pink gingham pretty - the very essence of all things spring!

And I missed commenting on your embroidery floss cards - those French Knots are just perfect - I can never get them neat enough myself.

Crafty Math Chick said...

The texture and shading looks terrific Kelly!
~Meredith

Tenia Nelson said...

What a very pretty card!!

Joan B said...

this is adorable. also, thought I'd mention that my mom loved your card "the best." even better than her daughter's! LOL it is gorgeous. thanks

Anonymous said...

Kelly, Wow what a cute card. Love the texture and colors. I have used the vintage picnic set alot and have been eyeing the tiny tags set. Thanks for sharing.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is precious - so full of springtime goodness!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a beautiful basket of tulips, and the gingham ribbon goes perfectly with them!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Kelly! Love the vibrant pink Tulips and all the texture!