Friday, March 11, 2011

Rusty!

Time for another "Make it Monday" with Papertrey Ink.  This week's theme is to make a card with distressed edges.  I used an edge distresser and lots of PTI stamp sets to make this card:


I haven't stamped in 10 days and I feel so rusty!  Life has been busy with un-fun things like speech evaluation reports! 

I actually had stamped this Button Boutique button card a few weeks ago, and decided to finally add it to a card.  I made the background with Background Basics: Tin Types and a heart from Love Lives Here.  The sentiment is from Vintage Picnic Sentiments.  Cut the buttons and also the heart shape from the Love Lives Here die collection from coasters.  I popped the center piece up over the heart on the inside that I had coated with Martha Stewart's coarse glitter.

Here's hoping my stamps get some more love this weekend!

6 comments:

Cibele Glazer said...

Thanks for leaving me such a lovely comment. I decided I had to come take a peak at your blog and I am so glad I did. This is just lovely! Love the color scheme and the bit of glitter. I swear if I didn't know better, I would have thought you bought that button card!

Cathy Weber said...

Just look at all those cute buttons! I love the black, white and red theme. That is a new one for this set, at least that I have seen. This is a super cute card. Great job on it. I am going to be making some button cards myself tomorrow. Hope I do as well.

Terri said...

Great job! Love all the different elements. Hope you get time to stamp more soon!

Geri said...

Kelly...Saw your comment and wanted to come say thanks so much for visiting me--I'm always excited to meet new blogging friends! I've really enjoyed visiting here--I've looked through at least 3 pages and your work brought a smile! Love your layouts and color combo choices! So excited for you on your PC acceptance!! I had my 1st accepted just a couple months ago, so I know how exciting that is--a big congrats!! I loved your take on that sketch with the circles--adorable!! So many other cute things! (I was on late last night--too late to take the time to comment!). This card is really sweet--love the background you chose for the whole distressed feel! good to meet you! (Your speech path note caught my eye--I used to teach in a self-contained Spec. Ed. Classroom--"the speeches" and I were definitely a team!!). Better git!! Thanks again!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Sooo SWEET!

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute! Love your buttons!! Fabulous job!