Saturday, March 26, 2011

Banner Sketch

Saturdays always mean Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Day!  Here is this week's sketch from Claire Brennan:


Oh so tricky! I didn't have the mojo working tonight, so I only managed to make one banner!




Used the following PTI dies:  banner, Love Lives Here house, and Tiny Tags.  Also used PTI's new Gingham background for the grass, and Musical Backgrounds from Waltzingmouse Stamps to decorate the house. The house is popped up over the heart inside that is coated with Glossy Accents.  Went WAY back on the shelf for my Aida Cloth Background from Stampin Up.  Still love that thing...hope it never "wears" out and doesn't stamp the image!  I stamped it in white ink on the kraft paper. 

While I like the little scene inside the banner, I wish that I chose twine or something instead of that very bold ribbon.  Let's see if this card remains this way, that is the true test.  I usually don't go back to a card once it's "done" but some cards have been known to drive me crazy enough to rip them apart a few days later!

9 comments:

Julia Aston said...

I love your sweet musical house Kelly!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super cute card Miss Lady!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Kelly - this is just adorable. Love that teeny house with the heart cut-out. How awesomely creative. You rock!

Sonia said...

Lovely card. I know what you mean about the red ribbon. A choice of embellishment or ribbon gives a card completely different feel. But the card is beautiful of course!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Kelly, that little house is such fun!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this Kelly, very sweet and homey :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love the little music house - so cute! And the gingham "grass" is such a nice touch! Thanks for joining us this week at WMSC!!

Deborah Frings said...

This is great the music house is so very sweet. Lovely!

Savitri said...

Kelly, this is sooooo cute!! I LOVE the CAS feel to this while still quite stunning due to colors and design. NICE! Glad you played with the Mice this week :)