Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cheery Sketch

Time for Waltzingmouse Sketch #39! 


Here is my card:


For the card I used the flowers and stems from WMS PicNic Patterns, and a sentiment from Sewing Box Hugs.  The little banner die, orange buttons, and gingham paper are from A Muse Studio.    The cardstock and aqua buttons are from Papertrey Ink.

I have been practicing for an upcoming blog hop that challenges us to use embroidery floss.  I have always wanted to learn how to make French knots.  I used to cross-stitch long ago and failed when it came to making knots for little eyes, etc.!  Now there is this wonderful thing called "You Tube"...just visit, type in "How to make a French Knot" and I was able to make them in only 2 tries, yay!  So I used embroidery floss in yellow and aqua to make little knots inside of the flowers!


So much fun!

PS...When I linked this up, I noticed that my card must have been inspired by this cutie by Mischief Maker
Jen Cuthbertson!  Jen, were you sending me subliminal messages during my crafty time last night?  ;)

16 comments:

Kara said...

cute! love the colors and the knots:)

Pauline said...

Lovely, so bright and cheerful!

Jen Adcock said...

A cheery bit of gorgeousness indeed! French knots are no easy fete, that's for sure. You've got it down now. So sweet! I think I'll need to dust off my embroidery needles too now. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration. Pure sunshine!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Kelly, this is so wonderful...love the spring flowers! I'm so pleased that you were inspired to play along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week.

Anonymous said...

Your card is cheery & fabulous! I love the colorsyou chose. Your French knots are the perfect touch!!

Deborah Frings said...

Such a wonderful spring card - love the french knots in your flowers. This is fab!

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

very cute, love the cute banner and those darling flowers.

Jean Martin said...

This is suuuuper sweet Kelly! LOVE it! So glad you could play with us at WMSC! :)

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful french knots on your colorful garden Kelly! love the gingham banner and fun buttons!

Laurie said...

Kelly this is absolutley adorable! I love love those gingham banners! So fun!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a darling card Kelly! Love the cute flower garden and the bright color combo! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Heather Rogers said...

Very cute! Great job on your French Knots. :)

Cathy Weber said...

How funny, I also learned how to make French knots for my blog hop card using that YouTube video! So much for my unique idea of french knots. LOL This is a great card, can't wait to see your Blog Hop card.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love this card - brilliant! And, I love your knots!! I have a much weaker attempt that you'll be seeing tomorrow, lol. Great card and thank you so much for playing along with us at WMSC!

Pamela said...

Using the floss for knots is so perfect! I've enjoyed my visit with you. Love the creativity! I'm following you to keep up with it all.

Savitri said...

Adorable!! The banners are too too cute!