Sunday, March 13, 2011

Holiday Hugs and Sweets

Yay, a Waltzingmouse Sketch!  So excited, I have been missing Claire's lovely layouts.  Here is Sketch Challenge #38:


And here is my card using the sketch:


Please excuse the weird photo...the circle shape card was starting to roll on me, and the sky could not be grayer outside my window!

Used the gingerbread, sentiment, basket, and holly leaves from Bountiful Baskets Additions and the pattern on the bottom from Faux Fun!  I fully intended to put the sentiment more toward the center...but I think I ran out of room!  Used a snippet of my favorite Natural Weave paper by The Paper Company on the basket.  Added some mini twinkle stickers from A Muse Studio and some Martha Stewart coarse glitter on the candy...too bad the photo isn't sparkly! 

And Claire has solidified my need to put Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink on everything...with a little Tea Dye ink thrown in on this one, too!

7 comments:

Hazel said...

It's so cute - I love the little basket. I'm another who loves the Distress Ink look. Hazel x

Crafty Math Chick said...

This looks terrific Kelly! I LOVE this set and the sparkle and dimension you added to the candy. Hmmm, I don't have any of that ink...

Julia Aston said...

How sweet Kelly! love that basket of gingerbread men!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Kelly this is so totally adorable. What a great way to bring in the holidays to the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge. Thanks for playing along.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so sweet Kelly! Love the basket full of gingerbread peeps! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :)

Beate said...

Adorable card! Thanks so much for playing with along with the WMSC.
Hugs and smiles

Sharyn said...

So cute, love the little fellows in the basket. Sweet card!