Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pink Posies

This is for the inspiration challenge at Melissa Phillips's blog using a photo by Leslie from A Creative Mint .  This week Melissa's post was entitled "Grasshopper Pie and Pink".  I also used the sketch of the week from Splitcoaststampers!

I made the flowers using the "Felted Flowers" technique.  I punched 2 flowers from PTI's Hibiscus Burst paper, and then sanded the edges.  Once they are sanded, you can peel each petal into 2 pieces.  Since PTI's cardstock is so thick, it doesn't rip!  Then you can wrinkle them up, and layer 2 on top of each other, staggering the petals.  It's a really fun technique, and with one punch and lots of cardstock, the possibilities are fluffy and endless!  Used the Gingham Backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms, and then Background Basics: Tin Types, Background Basics: Diamonds (on the flowers), and Mixed Messages, all from PTI.  There are even some faint flourishes from The Angel Company!  Lots of Tim Holtz Distress Inks, and more details using PTI buttons, White Opal Liquid Pearls, rhinestones, a paper piercer, and some twine!

7 comments:

Diane said...

Oh wow...this is gorgeous...love ~love those flowers...a technique I HAVE to try...thanks for sharing!!!

Deb Hickman said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog,it is much appreciated.
Your card is fab and I just love the flowers
you've made.I will be having a go at making some myself.Thanks for the inspiration.

Crafty Math Chick said...

You have such patience - your liquid pearl application is perfect!! The three rhinestones really catch my eye for some reason.

~Meredith

MariLynn said...

Kelly, I love how your flowers look. They are gorgeous.

Diane Jaquay said...

Look at all those pearls! Really lovely card!!

Melissa said...

Oh my! This card is just the cutest thing ever....I love it!
Melis

Sara Bahlow said...

Look at all those pearls! Really lovely card!!