Friday, March 12, 2010

Little Red

On Fridays at Splitcoast is a new challenge that just started a few weeks ago.  It replaced the "Limited Supply" Challenge. It's now called "Free for All"...which seems to fit perfectly for the start of the weekend.  Today's challenge was to make a card inspired by a fairy tale and to add sparkle and bling.

You know you have too many stamps when you can go to your closet for a Fairy Tale challenge and you JUST happen to have a Little Red Riding Hood image!  I got this stamp a few years ago from "The Mayberry Sparrow", a store at etsy.com.  Corabelle hand carves stamps out of LINOLEUM!  I just think it is the cutest thing, and the detail is amazing!  I stamped her using the new Tim Holtz Distress Ink called "Barn Door".  It's sooo bright and cheerful.  The sweet folksy tree and sentiment are from the "Oh Dear Silhouettes" stamp set from Pink Persimmon.  Plus, the sentiment seemed like something Grandma (the REAL one, not the wolf one!) would say to Little Red when she showed up!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

one of my favorites Kelly, I love it!

Sabrina said...

I didn't get online yesterday, with packing for a trip and guests. But I was quickly checking blogs this morning and am SO glad I got to see this, it's just fabulous.

MariLynn said...

Kelly, this is so adorable. I love your tree!

Holly said...

I just love this! Kinda looks "Old World" to me.

Linda Beeson said...

Oh how sweet! LOVE the red, the buttons and the cute little girl.