Friday, March 19, 2010

Brenda Quintana's Woven Basket

I found out about this wonderful Woven Basket created by Brenda Quintana (yes, it's out of paper!!) last year.  She posted directions at her blog QBee's Quest in THIS POST!  I made one, but since I have a tendency to RUN from templates that require measuring and stuff, I put the directions away until today.  I just had to find it again because at Splitcoast for the new Free for All Challenge , the task was to make a basket or use a basket stamp, and use the colors Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, and Perfect Plum (I substituted PTI's Pale Plum, Spring Moss, and Lemon Tart).  More felted flowers (see earlier post this week), PTI buttons, yellow gingham ribbon, and a little circle tag with the Easter Wishes sentiment from Mixed Messages, PTI.

6 comments:

Sue Ann said...

WOW ....... that is great!!! The colors looks so great together ....... great job on the basket it turned out beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really fantastic! Nice job. I can't believe thats made out of paper.

Anika said...

How cute! You did a fabulous job on this!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful creation! Love the flowers added to the rim.

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow, what a beautiful basket!!

Lorraine said...

Those flowers are such a sweet touch. Love the colors.