Welcome to Word of the Week #8! There are many definitions for this one, according to Webster's, so here is a bit of a summary...
1. existing as a mental image or in fancy or imagination only; lacking practicality
2. conforming exactly to an ideal, law, or standard; perfect
3. existing as an archetypal idea (prototype)
4. of or relating to philosophical idealism
5. a standard of perfection, beauty, or excellence
6. one regarded as exemplifying an ideal and often taken as a model for imitation
7. an ultimate object or aim of endeavor; goal
Whew, that is a whole bunch of words to sum up a relatively short little word! Don't forget to upload your "ideal" card to SCS using the keyword "WOW08" ...or link your blog post back here in my comments section.
And here is my sample from last week's word "sinostrorse"...
MariLynn, my loyal WOW player, and I had a discussion about how cards can be "sinsostrorse" or "dexitrorse" depending on how you look at them. Okay, really, MariLynn thought all of that up, and I thought "WOW (literal definition) she is just a genius!" These kitties appear to be running left to right which was not my intention...because sinostrorse means "right to left" orientation...however, if you are BEHIND this card, SHOWING it to someone, than I would have been right, hee!
Used Little Cuties, Carnival Alpha, and Ric Rac Circle all from Pink Persimmon. Since this was for Wendy's Limited Supply Challenge at SCS, I could only use paper, ink, and stamps...and a measley punch if I wanted to. Wendy drives a hard limited supply bargain! So I inked up my Gingham and Ticking Stripe Backgrounders from Cornish Heritage Farms for some inky extra credit!