Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Little Button Bird


This little card was for a double challenge over at Splitcoaststampers!  The Limited Supply Challenge last week was to make a card using a pre-purchased notecard ( I know, gasp!)...and then the Inspiration Challenge was to make a card using tiles by Xenia Taler for inspiration.  If you are re-doing your kitchen or something, go take a look at THESE!

I used Everyday Button Bits by Papertrey Ink, as I was inspired by the "Chick" tiles.  I made this birdie's tail grander by using a big flourish stamp from The Angel Company.  And the note card...it was from a set I bought at Michael's, from the dollar bin!  I cut the front to show the gingham that was on the inside.  What?  Gingham on the inside?  That is NOT allowed on this blog, the GINGHAM must SHOW!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Kelly this is ADORABLE!!! OOOO I love your button birdy!!!!! GREAT card!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Omigosh, you clever girl! This is so freakin' CA-UUUUTE!!! Everyone's gonna want your darling button birdy; I know I do!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kelly!! I was just looking at these last week and here you are with the PERFECT example. I LOVE his flourished tail and sweet dotty wing on top of his cute little button head and body. Had to chuckle at the gingham story...mitchygitchy...

MariLynn said...

Kelly, this is so cute. I love his wing. Of course the cut away part at the bottom is perfect!

Crafty Math Chick said...

I love your button chicks, LOL.