Saturday, October 24, 2009

Virtual Stamp Night is ON!

Hop on over to Splitcoaststampers tonight, and join the Virtual Stamping Night fun!  It is the "VSN Mini" before the big weekend November 13-14th.  The theme is Masquerade Ball...so every hour from 6:00 PM through 10:00 PM (EST) a challenge will be posted for the theme in the "Virtual Stamp Night" forum.

First challenge up is by Meg...she is challenging everyone to take a holiday stamp and then have it masquerade on a card for a DIFFERENT holiday!  Scary fun, huh?

I chose the Christmas tree from the "Believe" set by Papertrey Ink, and watercolored it up in Autumn colors!  Also used sentiment from PTI's First Fruits, and Guide Lines 1 to make the background.  Loaded on some chocolate-y Stickles to complete the Masquerade!

Challenge #2....by my friend, Diane!  To make a ONE LAYER card using MASKING....eeeeeek, DIANE!  That one was so hard!  Here is my card:
I stamped the snowman first, then covered him with scrap paper, and stamped the trees around him.  To make the moon, I punched a circle out, then put the "leftover" or "negative" piece back down on the paper.  Then I sponged inside to make a hazy little sun (or moon?!).  I had to sponge some color around the trees due to some ink smudges...and since it is supposed to be a one layer card, that means I can't cover it up with something!!!  I added Crystal Snow by Stampendous along the bottom, and gave him 2 Kaiser Chocolate pearl buttons.

This set is called Holiday Tree and it is by Heather Nichols for Papertrey Ink....I am a weeeeeee bit addicted to it!  Isn't that snowman the CUTEST?!

Challenge #3...by Alicia...to be inspired by the Phantom of the Opera.  I immediately thought of the black poster with the white mask, and the red rose...and the fancy chandelier!

I continued my PTI bonanza!  Used new Giga Guide Lines set, and embossed it in black.  Added black rhinestones to center.  Went back and stamped Original Guide Lines in red.  Wanted this card to be dramatic just like the play!

Challenge #4:  for PK Penn's challenge called "Mask for the Ball!  To incorporate the masking technique, and to use bright yellow, kelly green (woo hoo!), or royal purple on your card.

I did reverse masking for this card.  I placed a punched out circle in the middle of my white paper, then stamped Cornish Heritage Farm's Gingham Backgrounder over the top in yellow.  Then I used Papertrey Ink's Holiday Button Bits set for the holly.  I added Liquid Pearls to the leaves.  And double extra credit points for me, I used yellow AND green!!!!  This card didn't take much time, but I really like how it turned out...very cheery!

Challenge #5...from my girl, Peggysue!  To make a card using acetate and white ink.

 Welllll, since I had out the cute snowman from PTI's Holiday Tree, I had to use him again!  Stamped snowflakes on a piece of acetate.  Then stamped snowman and tree on Ripe Avocado paper.  Punched scalloped circle out of kraft paper, and then placed acetate piece behind for window.  Put snowman piece on this inside of the card so he is peeking out.  The good thing about acetate is that if you make a mistake, you can wipe it off for awhile...the bad part is, it takes forever to dry...so if you have little hands around, you might have to stamp the snowflakes 3 or 4 more times!!!!!

That ends the VSN Mini for tonight! 

Be sure to come over to Splitcoaststampers VSN Forum on Friday November 13th for the beginning of the VSN Masquerade Ball Weekend....I will be hosting a challenge on Friday night at 9:00 PM!!

No comments: