Wednesday, October 7, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DON!



Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law Don!  He is 50-somethingish today, woo hoo!  But he likes the Miami Dolphins who let the Buffalo Bills have it this weekend, BOO hoo!


Here he is with his daughter (ny niece), Dana!  She has the coolest BBQ's at her house when we visit New Jersey in the summer!

And here he is with his FIRST grandson, Travis!

Don has several nicknames for me, 2 of the most popular being D.W. and Dippy.  Now that you see that my second nickname is Dippy, you probably figured out what the "D" and "W" stand for!  He thinks it is weird that when he asks me to pass him the salt, I hand him the pepper! When he was teaching me how to drive when I was seventeen, I inadvertantly took a "jughandle" turn and ended up parked in the oncoming traffic lane.  Very VERY calmly, he told me to back up...when I said "Why?", he told me very VERY calmly that I was in the wrong lane.  He slammed the gear into reverse, and told me very VERY calmly to hit the gas, all while I was being very VERY anxious about the whole thing! 

So Happy Birthday to my Dolphin-lovin', rail-fannin', Nascar followin', very VERY calm brother-in-law!  HUGS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Don't forget super bon bon's birthday is october 13th. love,miss double kiss

Anonymous said...

Great "card" Kelly and to Ms. Anonymous this is from Anonymous also - but since "Bon-Bon's birthday is on my calendar (he shares it with Freda and my niece Nadine)I know who you are and where you live. Sounds like the beginning of a Friday the 13th type movie. Love the pix of Duck!!

Anonymous said...

WHAT CAN I SAY, EXCEPT THAT ALL YOU SAID ABOUT DON IS SOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE. I SHOULD KNOW AS I AM HIS VERY PROUD DAD. DON IS THE BEST OF HUSBANDS, DAD, GRAND DAD, AND I THINK THE VERY BEST OF SONS. I AM SO PROUD OF HIM AND HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS. I HAVE SPOKEN TO MANY OF HIS CO-WORKERS, AND THEY ALL REMARK HOW PROFESSIONAL HE IS IN HANDLING DIFFICULT CUSTOMERS, AND ALWAYS STRIVING TO HELP CORRECT PROBLEMS THEY MAY HAVE QUICKLY AND TO THEIR FULL SATISFACTION. AFTER BEING IN RETAILINF FOR 43 YEARS I KNOW HOW IMPORTANT SERVICE IS TO A BUSINESS. YOU ARE DEFINITELY AN ASSET TO CHI...............