Thursday, June 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop


This month's blog hop theme at Papertrey Ink was to be inspired by this adorable inspiration photo...


I started off making a floral card, but something about those stripes made me want to get out my new "Guiding Lights" stamp set.  


I used the new dies and stamps to make a masculine birthday card that I need for the weekend.


Blended some Hero Arts Butter Bar (yellow) ink and some Tim Holtz Wild Honey to make the sky in the background.  The cardstock is embossed with a striped folder from Sizzix, and the stitched circle is cut with a die from Simon Says Stamp.

Can't wait to visit blogs for the hop, I loved this photo!

17 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Kelly, your lighthouse card is gorgeous! Love the sunset sky against the grey tower. Love the eb folder you used too!

Joanne said...

Love your card

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful done, I love this!!

Cindy H. said...

Wow! Your card is just gorgeous! Love how the lighthouse is partly out of the circle and the colors are so perfect for this scene - love it!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful sun sky behind your light house Kelly! I'm definitely casing this beauty! (I just got the set too!) thanks for the inspiration!

Diana K said...

Love the gorgeous sky that you created. Beautiful, stunning card!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love that sky! Fabulous card!

Marybeth said...

Wow..... What a great take on the photo! Totally unique and beautiful card .

Darnell said...

Kelly, this is so magnificent! I think this should be the worldwide poster for SUMMER!! Hugs, Darnell

Sarah said...

Beautiful card kelly, i love the background that you did for your lighthouse, it really stands out.x

Polly said...

So original!

Birgit said...

What a fabulous masculine card! The lighthouse against the inked sunset looks awesome!

Tracey Jean said...

Stunning masculine card. I can see those lighthouse stamps are going to be part of my future...

Linda said...

Beautiful sunset. Great masculine card.

Jill Norwood said...

Kelly this is gorgeous! Or should I say handsome since it is a masculine card? I love the embossing folder you used and the shading of the inks! So pretty! :)

Jen Carter said...

Such a fun way to interpret the challenge!! Love that you thought outside the box. Very pretty card!

Renee said...

LOVE this!!
That sunset is gorgeous...
and perfect for that lighthouse!
It's so gorgeous! :)