Friday, June 12, 2015

Doodle Buds Sketch

This week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches is by Amy O'Neill and it made me want to get out my new stamp set.  Here it is...


And here is my card with the new "Doodle Buds" set by Wplus9!


I stamped the flowers with Versamark then heat embossed with white powder.  They are watercolored with Tim Holtz inks.


Instead of adding patterned paper, I used a polka dotted stencil over an oval template with some Wendy Vecchi white texture paste.  For my horizontal portion of the sketch, I added some twine and a tiny tag with a sentiment from Wplus9's "Fresh Cut Florals" set.


Some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen highlights on the three flowers and all finished!  
Thanks Amy for another inspiring sketch at the FMS blog!!

12 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous coloring! I love the embossing paste polka dots in your background too, just perfect with your flowers!

Diane said...

Oh what gorgeous colors and design.

Hugs diane

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous.....and then some!

Anne said...

Beautiful card! The colors are really gorgeous!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love your design! The rainbow of colors is so pretty and your clever take on the sketch is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the heat embossing with the fantastic coloring.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just lovely! I love your take on the sketch and I adore the soft colours you've used for your flowers. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my! This is sooooooo beautiful! I love it!!!!

Marybeth said...

Wow, this is stunning!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

So many cool techniques make up this delicate and cute little beauty. LOVE it, Kelly:)

Unknown said...

How wonderful !

A new "fan" scrap from Belgium
Fabienne

fabiennefff@hotmail.be

Laurie4656 said...

Just saw your Doodle Buds card and see you’re from Avon. I am too! Between Avon and Geneseo. Love your card. So bright and happy!