Saturday, May 5, 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release Previews, Day 1

Happy Saturday!  Welcome to the Waltzingmouse Stamps previews for May!  Claire will be releasing three wonderful stamp sets on Tuesday, May 8th.  Today we are previewing the much anticipated companion set for Half-Pint Heroes....finally we have Half Pint Heroines!  This set has the most adorable sentiments that you will ever find for a little girl.  And the images?...why, they will knock your socks off with their cuteness!

First up is a card featuring the hot air balloon!!


Funny how we get a little girl set, and I run for the primary colors, hee!  I could not resist pairing this set with papers from the My Mind's Eye Everyday Flair collection.  Isn't the sentiment so sweet?  It will go perfectly with Half Pint Heroes, too (as will all of the images in this set)!  The chevron border was made with dies from My Favorite Things.


I paper-pieced the balloon sections with various papers and added some fun punched flowers with pearls to turn up the girly factor :)  Even though the sentiment says "Aim High Kid", I could not resist putting my two little girls in the basket (even though in real life Eva and Claire both have blonde hair and look much like the girly on the right :))

Next up is a card that features a sketch that I created for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog this week.  Play along HERE!  This card features a softer side of Half Pint Heroines...



These "Once upon a time..." sentiments are my absolute favorites from the set.  Claire thought of the sweetest things to say to provide encouragement for all of the little girls in our lives.  I thought of how happy my girls will be when they get cards with these!  Used some more papers from My Mind's Eye, but this time I used the Miss Caroline Howdy Doody Collection.  Tucked this heroine inside an image from Oval-Classic Frames.


I paper-pieced this sweet girl's dress with the papers and then shaded a bit with Copics.  I colored right over the bunny, too...kind of like how the pattern shows through.  Makes him look all worn and quilty :)

Come back tomorrow to see another fantastic set that will be releasing on Tuesday.  But for now, RUN to these blogs to see more adorable creations featuring Half Pint Heroines!


Supplies:

Aim High card:
Stamps:  Half Pint Heroines, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  My Mind's Eye Everyday Flair collection, PTI White, Pure Poppy
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Other:  chevron dies, My Favorite Things, pearls, mini flower punch, Swiss Dot Cuttlebug embossing folder, ribbon from A Muse Studio

She Could Do Anything card:
Stamps:  Half Pint Heroines, Oval-Classic Frames, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Howdy Doody Collection, PTI Vintage Cream and Sweet Blush
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers, Fresh Ink in Ginger, Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink
Other:  Spellbinders oval nestie, twine from Olive Manna, pearls and Lemon Whip satin ribbon from A Muse Studio, PTI Melon Berry buttons, cream buttons

27 comments:

Helen Berry said...

Oh my! Kelly, these are just wonderful! Love the vibrant primary colours on the first one with the sweet clouds and two cute little girls peeking out of the balloon basket. Love those flowers you added to the balloon - very cute!! and of course the chevron really looks amazing as a border at the side. The second card is just totally adorable - I love the little bow in her hair and her cute paper pieced dress and how you even paper pieced the inside of the little bunny ears! Gorgeous!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh no, love half pint heroes, I'm sure I'll love the companion set :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are so stinkin' cute. The great combination of color...love that you gave your little heroine a friend in that balloon. Amazing projects as always to inspire me!

Super Jen said...

Especially enjoying the paper piecing.

-Aneta- said...

Kelly ... beautiful card with this new stamps from WMS !!!Candy sweet creation especially text and buttons !! -Aneta-

Renee said...

Both of these are spectacular!!
Love the bold colors...
the mix of patterns on the first one...
that balloon is so incredibly awesome...
I die!!
And the sweetness of the second one...
oh, Kelly...
it's just perfect! :)
The sketch you gave us this week is just so much fun...
and it looks so fabulous with it!
Claire has created some of the most amazingly perfect sentiments for this set...
every mother who has a little girl should own this set!! :)

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I knew when I arrived at your blog that that this set would be right up your alley! Oh, oh, oh-you've created such ca-ute cards! Love how you put two girls in the balloon. I thought one might be you! The second card is beyond adorable. You've added all the perfect touches!

Cyndie said...

Oh gosh, Kelly, your paper piecing is awesome and your color and design sense flawless! I think your cards are my favorites!

Cathy Weber said...

Oh, Kelly, look what you have done! These cards are adorable, love the balloon in the first one, you are so good at choosing the absolute perfect patterned paper for your cards. I love that you put two little girls into that balloon. Oh how I would love to have two little grandaughters to make this card for...one day soon I hope! Your second card is adorable as well, that is a sweet bunny and inside that great frame, with the buttons around that great sentiment. You are right, I remember saying Once Upon a Time so many times for my daughter Carly. Claire couldn't have chosen a better sentiment for a little girl. Great cards today.

Jen said...

These are so sweet! Love your cards. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations tomorrow
Thank you for sharing

Julia Aston said...

Two sweet cards Kelly! love your flowery paper piece balloon and all the gingham (of course!) and your little girl with her bunny is just so softly colored and lovely!

Julia Aston said...

Forgot to say - I also love how you fit the two sweet faces in the balloon!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

These are so cute, Kelly! I love the bold papers and the piecing of the first and the sentiments together for the 2nd are so heartfelt! Great job!

Jeanne J. said...

Pure sweetness Kelly!!! I love the bright colors on the first one - the pearls and best of all that your little girl brought a friend with her on her air balloon adventure! Just the way it aught to be!!

Unknown said...

Och Kelly, these are so fab! I love that you put two girls in the basket and your balloon is so cheery and pretty, yummy card, and your second card is just so sweet, gorgeous, gorgeous samples missy, thank you so much!!

Unknown said...

OMGosh!!! I just scrolled down and saw the tea pots!!! I am in LOVE with these!!!!!!

Kary said...

Hi Kelly! These cards are Awesome!! I'm loving this set - the hot air balloon looks so fun & I love the bright colours and fab design of your 1st card. Your second card is so sweet, just love the girl with her bunny. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! {hugs}

Sharron said...

Squeal!! Where can I begin--this are SO ADORABLE! Love the two little girls in the paper pieced balloon! And there are even flowers & pearls on the balloon--so sweet! And speaking of sweet--wow--love your little girl with bunny done all in pink! We have four little granddaughters and I can't wait to get this set!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

SO pretty Kelly! I love all the paper piecing, and your WMS sketch card is so gorgeous!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of your cards are darling Kelly ! Love the sweet little gals in the fun hot air balloon and your take on the WMS is fabulous! The little twine bow adds the perfect touch!

Deborah Frings said...

Love the paper pieced hot air balloon - just so, so pretty! And the little girl with the bunny is so cute! Love your take on the sketch!

Anne-Elise said...

Oh, Kelly! These cards are so cute! Love the little girl with her bunny... the buttons and the ribbon make this card so sweet! Love it! And the girls in the hot air balloon... they look so happy! Beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

I heart this SOOOO much!!

Becca Feeken said...

My word, these are all fabulously cute Kelly!

Rizwana said...

THESE CARDS ARE SOOO CUTE I JUST WANT TO BE IN THE BALLOON JUST FLOATING AWAY LOVELY. Both these cards are just STUNNING and love all the detail on them. You're one talented lady.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!!!
So super sweet! You just made me cross my fingers even harder that those heroines will be in the mail today!
Have a great week-end, hugs, Karin

anya said...

I love your little girl cards, Kelly! These are just the cutest! I love that you put two little ones into the balloon! Very cute!