Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sunshine Sketch

It's a sunshiny day at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge as we get to introduce a NEW Mischief Maker!  The lovely Jeanne Jachna has joined the team!  Her creations always have that WOW factor, and I get so excited to click on her sketch links!  She is going to be a wonderful addition to the team, yippee!

Now on to this week's sketch by sweet Lynn Mercurio!  It's based on her totally awesome French Country card seen HERE!


Here's my card...


I have been so busy at work that I haven't had much time to stamp lately.  So I went HOG WILD on this card, heee!  I used the adorable new sets Half Pint Heroines and Compact Family with this cheerful new patterned paper from Simple Stories called "Summer Fresh"!


The little sunshine image, the fresh summer days panel, and the denim square come in the line.  I just cut them out and they were ready to go!  Added some gold Liquid Pearls to make the sun...shine!


Stamped the balloon on the gingham paper and the basket on a little piece that looks like burlap.  PS...I am finding it very hard not to add hair accessories to the little Half Pints!

It's your turn to play along!  Upload your creation HERE by next Friday, May 25th.  Be sure to include at least one Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your project as a randomly-selected player will win a WMS stamp set of choice!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Half Pint Heroines & Compact Family, both Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Simple Stories "Summer Fresh" collection, PTI white and Pure Poppy
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Fresh Ink in Navy
Other:  Zva Creative navy pearls, Liquid Pearls in gold, blue and yellow twine from Olive Manna, buttons from PTI and A Muse Studio

12 comments:

Pauline said...

This is so sunny and delightful Kelly! Lovely fresh papers,a nd I love this balloon image. A fabulous take on the sketch too!

Kary said...

Hi Kelly! Your card is SO Fun and Adorable!! I just love the colours and the papers you used. What a gorgeous happy scene! The Half-Pint Heroines is my new fave set, and you have inspired me to use that hot air balloon ;) Have a wonderful weekend! {hugs}

Bumblebee said...

wow, this card is so cool. I love all the little elements, and your sunshine is just so cute!!

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant bright and fun papers, love the hot air balloon and sweet sentiment. I'm sure your daughter loves it!

Cathy Weber said...

What a happy, cheery card you have created here Kelly. I love the cute little girl in the balloon with that sweet bow in her hair! I am in awe of the stitched sun rays you created too. Great job, another one of your masterpieces!

Renee said...

This is so adorably fun I can't stand it and my next trip to Archiver's will see this fabulous paper in my basket!!
This just makes me smile...
and so happy! :)
Love everything about this...
the colors...
the pearls...
the papers...
and her fabby hairbow! ;)

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh what a fun card Kelly! Love the sweet scene you've created!

Jill Norwood said...

Awesome card Kelly! Love the new balloon stamp - might have to order this soon! Love the hair bow you added! So sweet!

Vickie Z said...

I have to save up a little....I have to have this set!!! Car problems are getting the way of me buying treasures, LOL! This is a fabulous card...so bright and cheery!

Marybeth said...

Kelly this looks like a fun summer day at the fair! You have created such an adorable scene! How fun to use your new stamps.

JJ Bolton said...

How wonderfully fun is this card? Seriously, if you can't smile at this card, something is wrong with you, lol! Love the colors and new stamps (of course)!

Sharron said...

Your card is SO adorable! Love that you used the new set and created such a sweet, cheerful scene! The balloon is wonderful and I adore the gingham and the 'burlap' basket. And how cute is your passenger with a hair ribbon in her windblown hair!