Thursday, May 24, 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party

Hi everyone!  It's time for this month's Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party!  The theme is "felt/cozy fabrics".  All of the details about participating can be found of Claire's blog HERE.

I was also inspired by the Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge on Saturday which featured the webstore "Red Envelope."  I never got to play along, but this "Rose Friendship Box" just stuck in my head all week!



So armed with my felt and inspiration photo, I made this card...


It seems that I am a "one-trick" pony when it comes to felt!  I immediately think of rolled roses!  I tucked them in a square frame cut with my nestabilities.  Changed my background to light blue and stamped it with the beautiful cane print from Heirloom Patterns.  The sentiment is from the set Blessed by You.

Can't wait to see all of the cozy creations today!  Remember, Claire will be choosing one random participant
to win a stamp set of choice, and will also be showcasing some of the projects that were extra-special on her blog on the 27th!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Heirloom Patterns & Blessed by You, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI white and Spring Rain
Ink:  A Muse Studio ink in Winter Sky, and Fresh Ink in Slate
Other:  PTI Harvest Gold and Vintage Cream felt, pale yellow felt from "BenzieBazaar" at etsy.com, My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Rose Die, Spellbinders Classic Square and Petite Oval Nestabilities, gingham ribbon

23 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Oh yummy!!! This is so pretty - love the soft colours of your rolled roses! They remind me of marzipan roses!

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love this, Kelly. It's a felt bouquet that will never wilt or fade. What a fantastic design and the subdued background pattern is perfect to showcase these beautiful felt flowers.

Cassandra said...

Oh Kelly this is so beautiful!! The blue with the roses are just so special.

Kim Heggins said...

What a fabulous idea, I may just have to CASE this. I really love all of your felt roses, so sweet!

Marybeth said...

Love your interpretation of the photo. Your roses look so pretty all neat and tidy like the box. Beautiful blue card with a great sentiment…. need to go look at that set now.

Kary said...

Hi Kelly! I LOVE your Beautiful card!! The little felt flowers look Amazing, and your stamping is awesome. What a lovely, lovely card!! {hugs}

Cathy Weber said...

One trick pony...not! You made such beautiful roses and so perfectly rolled too. I have a giant blister on my finger from trying to hot glue some felt roses this week, so I know it is not as easy as it looks! You nailed the inspiration picture too, your card gives the same illusion as the beautiful rose box. Great job Kelly!

Renee said...

Kelly...
this is stunning!!
I LOVE your interpretation of that photo...
all those beautiful blooms in a row...
perfect!
The background...
the sentiment...
I just die!

Sharron said...

Wow, Kelly--LOVE the blue & LOVE the roses! Your roses are always so perfectly done and the colors on these are just yummy--so soft & creamy! A really beautiful card!!

Jan Garber said...

Your card inspired me to read more about the rose box...gorgeous idea! These are flowers that will last forever!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Kelly! LOVE all the pastel rolled blossoms!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Oh, Kelly this is so beautiful and you really make the most perfect rolled roses - so pretty!!!
Have a great week-end, hugs, Karin

Peanut said...

They look like sugar flowers and I'm just about ready to eat them. They're absolutely yummy-looking, Kelly!

Anne-Elise said...

Your card is so beautiful, Kelly! Love your felt roses!

Julia Aston said...

what a beautiful card from your inspiration photo Kelly! Your felt roses are just lovely in shape and color! the background stamping is perfect to frame them!

Super Jen said...

Nothing wrong with one trick, especially when it's done so well.

Bumblebee said...

Wow, that is such a cute card, love your tiny little felt flowers!

Vickie Z said...

Love those felt roses and they're perfect in a frame!!

Jeanne J. said...

Kelly, What's not to love about rows and rows of pretty roses? I love how you paired them up with the trellis background - like a beautiful garden! Lovely!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Those rows of roses (say that fast three times! :)) are lovely and I've yet to use that background stamp! I love it on your card!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Well if you only have one trick with felt, you picked the right one!! LOVE your roses. Beautiful creation.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I felt like a no-trick pony, let's just say my attempt at a rolled flower was sad and lumpy and falling apart. Love the blue on this card.

maria f. said...

Keep up the good work, pony. This was such an eye-catcher. Major softness going on here.
BTW. Just places my first order for amuse studio ink. They too had a 20% deal going on. Will get them when in the US this summer. Hope they are as great as Fresh Ink.