Sunday, May 20, 2012

Kindness

Yay, I had time to make another card this weekend!  This one is for the CR84FN Color Challenge ...the color combination is oh so pretty, but was tricky for me!  Mint, Blue, Neutral...


Here is my card...


When I went to Spring Fest in Buffalo last month, Cheryl Rowley  made the most adorable card with the Grand Nestabilities Labels 11 for the base (will post picture soon)!  Last weekend for Mother's Day, I bought the set for myself since I had a 50% off coupon from JoAnn's.  You  know how the coupon is for regularly-priced items only?  So I approached the rack of Nesties muttering to myself, "PLEASE don't be on sale!"...and they weren't!  So into my basket they went.  The stamped label is from Waltzingmouse Stamps Rescue Remedies, which coordinates with Labels Four Nesties.  The roses are from Roses In Bloom, and are all glittered and layered up on dimensionals.  I was "unsure" of this card, and showed it to my daughters last night.  Eva gave it a thumbs up, and Claire said "Too much green and blue!".   Obviously, she didn't understand the challenge, ;)!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rescue Remedies & Roses In Bloom, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  October Afternoon "Sasparilla" (floral), Melissa Francis "Kitschy Kitchen" (mint), PTI white
Ink:  PTI Blueberry Sky
Other:  Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Labels 11 & Nestabilities Labels 4, Doodlebug Design Sugar Coating in "Lily White Glitter", pearls, white ribbon

6 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

LOL, my daughter always gives me critique about certain elements on a card, totally doesn't get they usually have to do with a particular challenge. Love the shape of this card Kelly, and the glittery roses. You sure do know your way around a bottle of glitter, you always seem to use it in a way that totally makes an image stand out.

Vickie Z said...

Love that grand nestie!! I've been eyeing them along with the grand caliber....50 percent off...score!! Love the card!

Deborah Frings said...

I love the shaped card and pretty papers. I think these colours are a challenge, but I love them, and your card shows them off beautifully. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful kelly, the glittered roses are gorgeous! They look wonderful framiong that gorgeous label stamp too, and the papers are so elegant!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week ;-)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Kelly! Love the big Rose blossoms and WM label! Great way to showcase that Grand label! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :) Sounds like you had a fab time in my hometown :)

Sue Lelli said...

Kelly, LOVE the card shape and the glittery flowers! So PRETTY! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!