Monday, January 9, 2012

Winter Bloomers

The CR84FN Challenge is back, and they came up with a bright, cheerful color combination to chase away those winter blues...



Here is my card with the inspiration colors:



I made some roses using My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Rose dies, and added them to the basket from Papertrey Ink's Vintage Picnic.  The yellow wool felt is from an etsy.com shop called "BenzieBazaar".  Had to sneak in just a few leaves with PTI's Simply Chartreuse felt.  The sentiment is from Friendship Jar Fillers.

It was so nice here that I took this photo outside!  No rain, no drizzle, sleet or snow...maybe the real bloomers aren't far behind?

Supplies:
Stamps:  Vintage Picnic and Friendship Jar Fillers, Papertrey Ink
Paper:  PTI white
Ink:  Tim Holtz Broken China Distress ink, Fresh Ink in Chamomille
Other:  PTI Sending You (arch) and Tiny Tags dies, MFT Mini Rolled Rose dies, Swiss Dot CB embossing folder, orange gingham ribbon, PTI Simply Chartreuse felt, and yellow felt from BenzieBazaar (etsy.com shop), white pearls

14 comments:

Penny said...

Love those roses, so pretty!

Jen Adcock said...

What a beautiful card Kelly. Those rolled roses are so lovely. They look a treat in the vintage picnic basket. Wonderful take on the challenge.

Suzanne Russell said...

Very pretty, Kelly, I love the feeling of coming spring with the picnic basket and flowers. Great use of the colors.

Renee said...

OK...
first let me admit that when I first saw the post title...
I wondered where you got a stamp of "bloomers"?
You know...
Little House on the Prairie bloomers?
Quite surprised...
and relieved...
to see flowers!!! :)
This is gorgeous...
love the colors...
and the Spring feel...
and those gorgeous wool "bloomers"...
*giggle*

~amy~ said...

SWEET card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Awe, what a sweet card Kelly! Lovin' your felt roses and the pretty gingham ribbon! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card Kelly! Love thos sweet little roses and the blue basket!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is so delightful, Kelly. Looks like spring is just around the corner (don't I WISH!) LOL. Love the clean design.

Sharron said...

Seeing your card makes me feel guilty about not yet trying out my mini rolled rose die!! Love the springtime look and great colors! We've had such warm weather here--until today1--so I know we have plenty of winter ahead.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Love those felt flowers! pretty card!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Kelly!

First of all: thanks so much for putting a huuuuge smile on my face reading your comment on my blog! That was so funny! And I had a chalenging day at work yesterday, so this was very welcome, hi hi! Thanks! Fun!
This card is so pretty, love that roses, I never tried that, but it looks gorgeous and especially in that basket! Lovely card!!!

Hugs, Wendy

Deborah Frings said...

Kelly - this is just lovely. So much texture with the dotty backing and felt flowers! Lovely! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Eli said...

You make beautiful cards! I love those little flowers :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the felt roses!