Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Embroidered Rosies

I got to play along with one of my favorite Splitcoaststampers challenges this past weekend, the Inspiration Challenge hosted by SmilynStef!  She chose an etsy.com site called "Embroidery Everywhere" for inspiration.  I chose the lovely Simply Sweethearts embroidered flour sack seen HERE  to get me started.


Ever since I saw Maile Belle's background stamping with PTI's new Rosie Posie set, I knew that I wanted to try it out!  I stamped the roses along with the hearts from Love Lives Here in Tomato Red Fresh Ink.  The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps Say It Loud set.  Added some layered buttons and gingham ribbon (is there any other kind, hee!) to set off my Valentine!  It's fun to think hearts and pretty things after all of those Christmas projects :)!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rosie Posie and Love Lives Here, Papertrey Ink, and Say It Loud, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI white and black
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Tomato Red, VersaFine in Black
Other:  black and heart buttons, gingham ribbon, corner rounder punch, Divine Twine

8 comments:

Penny said...

What a pretty card! I love the flowers and the colors!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Stunning ! you are such a talented lady and love your color and pattern combination they work so well together, you definitely are an inspiration. Wishing you a happy, healthy and crafty 2012.

Mariew

Ruth S said...

What a goreous card - I just love your stamped background! Rx

Diane Jaquay said...

THIS is a thing of BEAUTY!!!!

Jen Adcock said...

You are such a class act. This is so so so so pretty. I agree that any other type of ribbon would have been all wrong. Perfect choices made here in every way. So flipping inspiring you are. Thank you.

Renee said...

This is so gorgeous!
I think Rosie Posie is coming to live with me...
I've started avoiding release orders and waiting till I'm absolutely sure before I order...
but I can't get this set off my mind!
And you are so clever...
those little hearts and using it as a romantic Valentine...
love it! :)
That gingham ribbon is perfect...
and I swoon at the heart button! :)

JJ Bolton said...

What a classic beauty! Love what you did with the background stamping! And of course, the gingham ribbon is the perfect touch:) Happy New Year Kelly!

Cathy Weber said...

This is really elegant. That Rosie Posie is a great set and looks so nice with that gingham ribbon. Love the little heart inside the round button too.