Monday, July 10, 2017

Bright Flower Masking

I really wanted to try Betsy Veldman's fun stenciling and masking seen here for Make It Monday, but feeling a bit "rusty" in my stamping, and couldn't get one that I liked in time!  Here is one of my attempts using the beautiful colors from Color Throwdown...red, blue, yellow, and white!



I made my own stencil using a Deckled Edged Rectangle nestie, the Gran's Garden stamps and dies, and a sentiment from Year of the Flowers:  Violets.


Added some Wink of Stella pen, too, which is hard to see.  Probably should have used my MISTI for lining things up, because I was having trouble getting the stamp to impress fully over the stencil.  But I kind of like this artsy look, and will definitely be trying Betsy's awesome technique (and this fun color scheme) again!

4 comments:

Marybeth said...

Kelly this is stunning! Love the yellow and beautiful flower set you used! Miss you!

Vickie Z said...

Love this card... Using the deck led edge dies to make a stencil is wonderful! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a gorgeous look! I briefly looked at Betsy's challenge and never tackled it. Now you've inspired me! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous card Kelly!