Sunday, February 8, 2015

12 Kits of Occasions...My Kit!


Finally here with my 12 Kits projects!  We dealt with a round of this weird mini flu/general malaise feeling...then Eva with another round of the stomach bug, a greater than normal number of reports for work, and a complete computer breakdown.  The kids are having Wi-Fi withdrawal as the modem in the house is broken.  Frontier said they are sending a new one via UPS that didn't arrive on Friday like they projected.  We are set to get 7-11 more inches of snow to add to the 15 or so we had last Monday!  Thinking it won't even show up until later this week.   After some trips up to the local McDonald's to use their Wi-fi, Jason figured out how to turn my phone into a "Wi-fi" hotspot, who knew?  So now at least I can upload pictures...oh yeah, and send in reports to work! Hmm which was first on my list?

It was my turn to send kits this month, and the theme was "Hello."  So I found this adorable paper from Pebbles called "Happy Day."  There was actually a sheet of "Hello" paper in it, and I thought the rest of the elements would be perfect for this theme.

Up first, an adorable sentiment from Lawn Fawn's "Hello Friend" set.


Added a Studio Calico wood veneer plane that I painted it white.  The happy clouds are from Lawn Fawn's "Hello Sunshine" stamp set.

Next a Lawn Fawn "hello" die cut with some WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals that went perfectly with the patterned paper...


I love the bright royal blue color in these patterned papers!  A color I typically wouldn't choose on its own, but it's so pretty paired with the other colors in the pad.


I used some sweet birdies and heart balloons from Lawn Fawn's "Hello Sunshine" set cut with coordinating dies.  The sentiment is another from "Hello Friend."   The circle balloosn are actually large acrylic dot stickers made by Pebbles to go with the "Happy Day" papers, so I shined up the heart balloons with some Glossy Accents.  The Stitched Hills are another fun die from Lawn Fawn.  They frame and insert are cut with a Papertrey Ink die.  The birds are colored with Copics and their tails are glittered up by a Wink of Stella pen.

The coffee cup paper might be my fave sheet of all.  I made a gift card holder using the Waltzingmouse Stamps folded tag, as you can always give a Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, or Tim Horton's card as a quick gift!


The inside is stamped with a sentiment from "Hello Friend" and the coffee cup from Lawn Fawn's "Love You a Latte."


If you haven't visited yet,  be sure to head over to the 12 Kits of Occasions blog to see the projects, as well as the links to our two guest designers this month...  Karen and Michelle!

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Kelly--So sorry to hear about all the sickness and chaos in your house. Yikes. and more snow, too. I am glad that you got to play with your own kit. Your projects are so very adorable, and I'm glad I saved a few things I can use to case you. Thanks again for sending such a wonderful kit. I really had a lot of fun creating with it, and love everything I made.

Sharron said...

I've been worried about you! Sorry to hear about all the sickness. That on top of all the snow and then computer problems must have been awful. Glad things are getting better. Love all your projects! It's always so much fun to see what the hostess does with her own kit. I had so much fun with it and absolutely fell in love with the tiny birds. I'm tempted to go back and color mine now! Love your 'oh happy day' card and agree about the coffee cup pattern--just perfect! Thanks for a wonderful month!!

Jeanne J. said...

I've been thinking about you too Kelly! You put together this amazing kit for us and wanted to tell you THANKYOU!! Lawn Fawn is my latest addiction! I loved all the fun sentiments, little birdies, and coffee cups! Your projects are all so fun! I love that big enamel dot with the balloons. Thank Jason for being a smarty pants - I need someone to teach me that little trick too!

Renee said...

I was wondering where you were...
this kit is AH-MAZING!!!!
I loved looking at all the goodies...
and everyone made such gorgeous creations with it...
including you!
Love them all!
And hope you get your Wi-fi back soon...
I would die without it! :(

Lindsey said...

These are amazing. Love every single one of them, and it was so fun to look back at all the goodies in your kit. Honestly, it has been one of my very favorite kits of all. I just adored the whole thing. Love that you made the heart balloons puffy. I think I still have some of those...must go back and check and CASE you. :) And your tag gift card holder is brilliant. AND I love that you painted the veneer.