Saturday, October 5, 2019

World Card Making Day with Simon Says Stamp!

It's World Card Making Day, and Simon Says Stamp showcased cards made by designers all aroumd the globe HERE!

They asked what we made today, and I used the new Simon Says Stamp Stamptember "Flora" stencil...


Unfortunately, I have a few sympathy cards to make, but I wanted one for a co-worker that was pretty and not too somber. I didn't think she would mind a little sparkle and pink to remember her mom. I heat embossed a sentiment with white powder from Reverse Confetti's "Tall Blooms."


I inked over the stencil using Tim Holtz Festive Berries Distress Oxide ink and a blending brush. Then, I shaded the flowers with watercolor markers, and added some clear Nuvo Drops for the berries, and Stickles on the bases. Added some Wink of Stella pen to the blooms as an afterthought, and so glad I did. The shimmering flowers are gorgeous, and will hopefully convey warm thoughts, and bring a smile!

No comments: