Sunday, February 4, 2018

Think Spring

I got in another set of challenges for the week!  This time the simple, lovely sketch by Cecile at Freshly Made Sketches, paired with the vibrant colors at the Color Throwdown!


 I disagree with that Punxsutawney Phil down there in Pennsylvania! Spring feels like it's right around the corner with these colors, so I made a "Think Spring" card using PTI's Sweet Brushed Birds (again!) and a sentiment from Cutaway Tags: Spring...


I stamped the birds in yellow and hot pink, then made a colorful rainbow wreath with an old favorite, PTI's "Wreath for All Seasons."  I stamped the branch in green, then added berries in pink, yellow, and blue, with some added yellow berry bursts along the corners of the window.

For a bit of texture, I used the Vineyard Cover Plate over the top, and cut a Memory Box branch die in white for the birds to perch on.  The birds are shimmered with a Wink of Stella pen, and the berries are dotted with a Sakura Glaze pen.

Have a Sunny Superbowl Sunday (say that five times fast).  I'm going to lend my support to the Eagles JUST THIS ONCE since the Bills aren't in it :)!

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Now this is so very sweet! Very Springy!

Lynn Put said...

This is so sweet! I love how you stamped the wreath as the background for your yellow birds. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown.

Karren said...

These chicks are so adorable and the background is such a fun look! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Teresa Kline said...

an adorable card kelly! I am so glad you played along with us at
freshly made sketches!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such an adorable spring card and I was thrilled to see you are our featured stamper this week! So glad you joined us at CTD!