Friday, February 2, 2018

Favorite Mermaid

I am playing along with two challenges this week, Simon Says Stamp's "Anything Goes" themed challenge for the week, and my first time at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!


My favorite mermaid, aka my great niece Reegan, is having a birthday party this weekend, and I used the adorable Spellbinders "Build a Mermaid" Die D-Lites die (available HERE at Simon Says Stamp) to make a sea scene. 

For the Tic Tac Toe Challenge, I chose the center horizontal panel...die cut, sequins, and my free space...stamping!


I made a window card full of sequins, bubbles, and some silvery stars.  The window is cut with PTI's "Brushed Rectangles" die and underneath, I watercolored the ocean using the frame as a stencil.  The seahorses and anchor are from Waltzingmouse Stamps "Ocean Bound" set and the "For You" sentiment from the "Gift Card It" set.


The bubbles were stamped with various circles from PTI's "Polka Dot Basics" and "Good Times," and also a bit of "sand" at the bottom, stamped with PTI's "Sand Swatches" mini set.


Colored and glittered up her hair (and sweet face) with Copics, then added her tail cut with Hawaiian Shores cardstock, covered in Stickles.  I love this adorable die set, so much fun!

2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Magnificent mermaid card! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Rosanne Mulhern said...

I love shaker cards and this one is so sweet, Kelly. Thanks for sharing it at the TTTC this week.