Tuesday, October 17, 2017

PTI's MIM: Build-A-Wreath

For this week's 300th (!) Make it Monday at Papertrey Ink, Melissa Phillips had a fabulous technique called "Build-a-Wreath!"  Definitely one of my favorite MIM's of all time!

I was so inspired that I made 2 cards using the Rustic Wreath die...

First one for Christmas,


I used the Bitty Background Squares stamp set for my background, then a vellum wreath cut with the Rustic Wreath die, which I  inked with Versamark, then heat embossed with white powder.


I added stamped elements from Beautiful Berries: Winter, and the Holiday Folk mini Make it Market kit, and a sentiment from Winter Village.  Some iridescent sequins and red Liquid pearls, too!

Next up a card for fall with the same gingham Bitty Background Blocks for the background, 


This time I stamped the wreath cut with the Rustic Wreath die with another pattern from Bitty Background Blocks in chocolate brown.  Added a sentiment from Think Big Favorites #2.


Some mini images from Beautiful Berries: Spring and Bitty Bouquets.  Some Liquid Pearls in white and champagne, as well as some Glossy Accents and twine for this wreath.

This was such a creative, relaxing technique!  It was so much fun combing through stamp sets for all of those little images to add to my wreaths.  I even have more cut to try this technique some more.  Thank you, Melissa, for always sharing your inspiring designs with us!

16 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

Both cards are very pretty! Nicely done!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Oh my goodness...your cards are simply stunning. I love them both! Cheers.

Helen F. said...

Two beauties! Love the Rustic Wreath and how different you made it look for each of your lovely cards, Kelly!

Lisa Elton said...

These are both so pretty Kelly! Love the way you've layered everything so perfectly on your wreaths. Such pretty flow. I made my card for the challenge using this wreath too. Still have to photograph it!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous cards Kelly! I love them both! I need that bird set! Thanks for the inspiration and enabling!

Nancy Penir said...

Gorgeous! Love both, so full and rich!

Lindsey said...

Two beauties! It is obvious you loved this challenge as it inspired such loveliness!

Renee said...

I love them!!!
You got Winter Berries...
I keep telling myself I don't need that set but I think I'm really just lying to myself. :)
Hugs!

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

Gorgeous cards! Great inspiration!

Unknown said...

Ack! Kelly! This is so fabulous! Love what you did! And, like Renee, I keep trying to talk myself out of winter berries. I think that effort is futile.

Susan Watanabe said...

Wow! Gorgeous wreaths...love all the textures! :)

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...both of these are absolutely GORGEOUS Kelly!! Love all the little details...absolute perfection!! :0)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

These cards are fantastic! I love the cardnial detail. So cute

lainey said...

Two beautiful cards!

Bonnie T. said...

These are gorgeous! I love how you stamped the four squares in the background and all the little details make your cards so festive!

Betty Wright said...

Both of these are beautiful, Kelly!