Sunday, February 5, 2017

Nordic Mitten Valentine

I combined two challenges this week, the lovely sketch by Karren Johnson for Freshly Made Sketches with the colors from Color Throwdown!



I chose to use my Nordic Winter & Sewing Box Christmas sets by Claire Brennan. Nordic Winter is now available at Gina K Designs.


I cut a panel with a small rectangular Nestabilities die, and then stamped a pattern from Nordic Winter underneath in pink, latte, and apple red (Amuse Studio inks).  I stamped a different image on the mitten from Sewing Box Hugs using the same order of colors.  The little hearts are also from Nordic Winter.


I wanted a mix of fonts for the sentiment, so used the lowercase Sophisticated Script set from Concord & 9th to create "warm," and then two words from Sewing Box Christmas in dark brown to finish it off.  I just love these colors together!

5 comments:

Broni said...

What a cool way to use the sketch and the colors! Love this! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

RitaR said...

What a clever and unique design! It's adorable and I love the word you created with the Sophisticated Script!

Lisa Elton said...

What an absolutely adorable pair of cards Kelly! I am completely smitten with your mitten card!

Karren said...

This is such a gorgeous card and using the sketch as negative space is such a clever idea! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Vickie Z said...

Kelly this is adorable!! Love how you inset those three panels!!! So glad you joined us at CTD!